WnSoft Forums

activation key..

I downloaded and purchased the Pics to Exe program years ago and keep having the problem with it asking for my activation key. I was emailed a zip file with an exe to run which I have tried to run again but it is still asking me for a code.

Says I need to upgrade to deluxe? I use this program quite infrequently and I recall having the same issue last year but it was resolved at the time and I can't remember what the solution was.

As usual leaving it to the last minute to create a slideshow for a friends birthday and it has trial version splashed all over it. I don't want to pay again but can't work out what I am doing wrong. Can anyone please help?

Thanks - non tech savvy!

I have done and have emailed wnsoft several times but not heard back and thought I would ask the support forum, didn't realise it was so hilarious.

The exe file works so I can only assume that the deluxe version is an upgrade since I purchased this program five or so years ago and that the other features that are in the upgrade are only available with the deluxe version. You don't often run a purchased program that has a stack of features that you can't use.

It was really nice to be laughed at though so thanks.

just for fun,

By your comments it appears to me you are using features of PTE that are part of the VideoBuilder upgrade. Using VideoBuilder features requires additional registration key with the upgrade purchase.

What feature are you using to receive the message requesting upgrade ?

Did you ever purchase the VideoBuilder Upgrade in last two years ?

Please read

Upgrades for Existing Users of PicturesToExe at WnSoft site

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/order.htm

Thank you nobeefstu - as I said I don't use the program much so would not have purchased an additional registration key. Each feature I was trying to use though was prompting it and I didn't realise that it was a different/new feature, that is why I asked. As you know it takes a while to 'create' the file and I couldn't see the watermark until it was created and I had started with the option at the top.

My original emails from wnsoft say

'This registration will work with all future versions of PicturesToExe

(otherwise, we'll provide you with the new one - free of charge, of

course). If you lose this file, please drop the letter to support@wnsoft.com

and we'll send it to you again.'

So I assumed this meant that future versions would work in full. No drama I have the exe file I needed now and can see that I need to purchase an upgrade to use the additional features.

Thank you for the genuine response though.

Hi JFF,

You'll have to excuse my little attempt at humor - you couldn't possibly know why it was so funny, but let me try to fill you in. We have just had an extended conversation about issues with loading keys and with customers who, for one reason or another, have difficulty.using the program. One of the main things we discussed was users who wait until they absolutely "must" have the program for some "deadline" then need immediate assistance. The content of your original message and your "handle" combined with this being your very "first" post made it appear you were one of the regular PTE forum members posing as a customer.

I downloaded and purchased the Pics to Exe program years ago and keep having the problem with it asking for my activation key. (years ago and not solved yet?)

I was emailed a zip file with an exe to run which I have tried to run again but it is still asking me for a code.

Says I need to upgrade to deluxe?

I use this program quite infrequently and I recall having the same issue last year but it was resolved at the time and I can't remember what the solution was.

As usual leaving it to the last minute to create a slideshow for a friends birthday and it has trial version splashed all over it. I don't want to pay again but can't work out what I am doing wrong.

So, you purchased PTE "years ago" and have not solved the problem.....

You "recall" having the problem last year and it was "resolved" but you don't remember the "solution"....

You left it "to the last minute to create a slideshow" .....

Your handle is "Just for Fun"....

This combination of information was just too unreal and too pertinent to our recent discussion to not assume it was a practical joke by one of the regulars. I apologize for the humor at your expense, but If you read the threads we have just had about these very type issues, I think you may better appreciate the "mistake."

Go here to read the threads which are relevant:

Best regards,

Lin

I have done and have emailed wnsoft several times but not heard back and thought I would ask the support forum, didn't realise it was so hilarious.

The exe file works so I can only assume that the deluxe version is an upgrade since I purchased this program five or so years ago and that the other features that are in the upgrade are only available with the deluxe version. You don't often run a purchased program that has a stack of features that you can't use.

It was really nice to be laughed at though so thanks.

Im sorry that I wasn't 'in the loop' to your inside humour but when you come online to ask a genuine question, its not really appreciated to be ridiculed.

I don't really feel the need to justify myself to you but when I used the program around 2005/6 to create slideshows I had no problems running it. Since then - yes YEARS AGO obviously I have had new computers and system crashes/upgrades etc so the program has been reinstalled many times whenever I decide to create a slideshow which really is only every 6 months or so. The last couple of times I have used it yes I have had the constant request for the installation key but this has been explained to me by previous poster that they are new features that need to be paid for. The original documentation from wnsoft says clearly that ''This registration will work with all future versions of PicturesToExe' so Im sorry I didnt think that this would mean 'except any other features we may decide to add on and then request that you pay for'.

I am just throwing together a slideshow for a friends birthday and dont really care to justify why I didn't do it two weeks ago to meet the deadline... I am sure others have decided to do something nice for a friend at the last minute too. Gees I must be a horrible person.

Hi JFF,

I'm sorry that you fail to appreciate the situation and the mistaken identity:

"The content of your original message and your "handle" combined with this being your very "first" post made it appear you were one of the regular PTE forum members posing as a customer. "

I've already apologized, so I'll not do it again. No one asked you to "justify yourself."

PIcturesToExe and Video Builder are two different programs which work together to allow features which PicturesToExe alone does not offer. Your PicturesToExe code key is good for all future versions just as advertised. Had you visited the forum in the past, you would have understood this because the developers have patiently explained it numerous times. Video builder simply adds additional power for creating high resolution video formats.

Also, I would suggest you consider downloading PTE Version 7 beta 10 which is a fully functioning and stable beta version which allows you to include video clips in your slideshows. You download it here:

http://www.picturest...deluxe-70-beta/

This beta version of PTE 7.0 can co-exist with your current latest PTE version and will create its own icon and folder.

Please visit the forums as often as you have the opportunity because here is where you will learn not only news about developments with PTE and Video builder, but also have the opportunity to gain access to free tutorials and information which can help you better learn to use the product.

Best regards,

Lin

I understand your point just didn't appreciate it.

That aside ... I clicked to upgrade, downloaded the new version, entered the new activation code etc but it still has the watermark on the first few images saying this was created with unregistered version. Do I need to start again and recreate the video in the new version?

JFF,

Just in case clarification is needed:

Your original key (purchased years ago) is for LIFE.

To unlock the additional features which you might be trying to access (VIDEOBUILDER) you need an additional license.

Without the additional license you should still be able to create an EXE file as well as an AVI with which to make a DVD.

Is it possible that you have purchased a new NORMAL ($49) license and not the required VIDEOBUILDER ($75) license?

Hope this helps?

DG

just for fun

That aside ... I clicked to upgrade, downloaded the new version, entered the new activation code etc but it still has the watermark on the first few images saying this was created with unregistered version. Do I need to start again and recreate the video in the new version?

You wil need to recreate the video or exe from your already made and saved .pte file. The key registration unlocks the PTE program and it features ... the key doesnot unlock the end products it makes. If that were the case , every person you send a video or exe to would need your key also.

Hi JFF,

Yes, you will need to recreate the video. The program won't remove the watermarks from already created shows.

Best regards,

Lin

I understand your point just didn't appreciate it.