WnSoft Forums

Getting started

steve evans

Hi all. New boy here and I need some help.

I've downloaded a trial version of PicturesToExe, created a project and now want to run it.

Everything seems to be greyed out - what do I do next?

Readme file just seems to tell you what it can do, but no instructions as to how to do it.

Also, once I've got past this point, if I want to burn the resulting file to DVD, how do I do that?

Finally, can the resulting DVD be run through a television?

I know - the expression "idiot guide to" was invented for people like me!

One step at a time.

Create a folder to contain EVERYTHING related to the project - Images and Music.

Set up the workspace so that you can see all of your images on the left hand side.

(VIEW - Horizontal View - Tick File Tree - Once you have navigated to your folder File Tree can be turned off)

Drag them all (or one at a time) into the bottom horizontal slide area and you have already created something that you can watch by clicking on PREVIEW.

The rest is getting to know "PROJECT OPTIONS" and "OBJECTS and ANIMATION".

Tackle one problem at a time!

Re: TV - Do you propose to use DVDs or can you connect your computer/laptop to your TV (preferably via HDMI)?

Does your TV have a BUILT-IN Media Player and a USB connection?

DG

Steve The Flash,

Since you are a new User ... I suggest you download and take time read the PicturesToExe User Guide. Just click Help | Download User Guide in PDF from the main menu bar. ReadMe files are usually a basic description of what the program is ... the user guide supplies the intended basic howto's and what is what parts of the program.

Hi Steve and welcome to our forum.

Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of my tutorial called 'Making your first slide show'

If you work through this, you will know what to do.

Ronnie

Hi Steve and welcome to our forum.

Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of my tutorial called 'Making your first slide show'

If you work through this, you will know what to do.

Ronnie

Thanks guys.

Found the Users Guide under "Help" which looks fairly straightforward to follow (at least the first 16 pages are!)

Your tutorial would be welcome though Ronnie. My email address is

steve@sevenstarphotography.co.uk

Many thanks