WnSoft Forums

resizing images of an existing presentation

I put together a presentation with web sized images, but I now want to use the presentation for projection using a Flat Screen TV.

The folder for the presentation includes all the elements of the slide show (images, and mp3). The JPG images were sized at 1200 x 750 but the projector I would use requires 1400x1050

I tried copying the PTE file in another directory and exporting a new set of jpg's from Lightroom into that directory, hopefully resulting in a slide show ready for projection in 1400x1050,

but when I open the pte file in the new directory, it's looking for the images in the previous directory! How can I get the PTE file tor ead the new resized JPG's I put in that directory??

thanks Philippe

I put together a presentation with web sized images, but I now want to use the presentation for projection using a Flat Screen TV.

The folder for the presentation includes all the elements of the slide show (images, and mp3). The JPG images were sized at 1200 x 750 but the projector I would use requires 1400x1050

I tried copying the PTE file in another directory and exporting a new set of jpg's from Lightroom into that directory, hopefully resulting in a slide show ready for projection in 1400x1050,

but when I open the pte file in the new directory, it's looking for the images in the previous directory! How can I get the PTE file tor ead the new resized JPG's I put in that directory??

thanks Philippe

A couple of ways:

Create a TEMPLATE from the original PTE Project in a folder designated by you in "Manage Folders".

Overwrite the newly created JPEGs in the TEMPLATE folder with the upsized images making sure that the 1400x1050 images have exactly the same file name as the corresponding original 1200x750 versions. Create a new EXE from the new Template Folder Project.

The only other way is to go to O&A Properties Tab and you can change each image file there (one at a time).

For future slide shows, you might consider creating a folder called 'Original images' and saving a copy of the larger psd images in that.

This way you can always go back and make any required changes easily.

I have a pdf tutorial that might help you, let me know if you would like a copy.

Philippe,

Another little trick is to force the PTE file to look first in the new image directory for its reesource content instead of the original path.

1)Open the .pte project file in notepad and edit the line :

IsTemplate=0 to IsTemplate=1

2)Save the file and copy/place the .pte file into that new image directory.

3)Double-click the .pte file that resides in the new directory to open it in PTE

*This forces the .pte file to act as a Template without going thru the routine of actually using Save As Template.

See attachment;

post-45-0-92036500-1309515315_thumb.jpg