WnSoft Forums

Button Colors Change

Garris

I am creating a menu page and I like the pastel purple color of the button in object editor. problem is, it turns white until clicked in the finished product. If I set the same color in properties, it stayes purple but when clicked, the two purples add and become a darker color. Also, every time I select a custom button color in properties, I must re-enter the values each time as the selected custom color is not remembered. On a 21 button menu page, that took forever. Any advise about button colors?

Garris,

The default background color of the Button Object is actually white ... the pastel color you see is when you probably first created the Button within the Object Editor (current active objects in the Editor have this glow color). To create a color button you must disable the Use Default Color checkbox and select a defined or create a custom color selection.

The simple way of making similar multiple buttons is copy and paste ( a simple right click function). Then just edit your specific properties needed for each.

Im not sure what you mean exactly by :

If I set the same color in properties, it stayes purple but when clicked, the two purples add and become a darker color.

You must Preview your Show to get a true representation of how your Buttons will look and react when clicked. Doing so just within the Editor Window may be misleading to you

Hi, Garris,

Welcome to the Forum.

To see the button as it will appear in the preview, just click somewhere else in object editor and the colour will change from the "in focus", or "highlighted" colour to it's normal colour in the show. When you click on it again, it will appear darker again.

"If I set the same color in properties, it stayes purple but when clicked, the two purples add and become a darker color."

What I mean is if I uncheck "use default color" and select a custom color(equivilant to the pastel purple I am trying to get), I get the custom color when the button is unselected (where it went white before). When selected,the button no longer switches to the original purple(my desired color) instead it becoms a darker blue. I am assuming the two desired colors are blending but I'm not sure.

I will try the copy/paste technique to reproduce buttons, sounds easy enough.

Garris:

Yes, the colour shift is the "blending" of the colours.

You should find the copy/paste a good method particualy if you are doing a number of OBJECTS.

BTW, I would click on "OK" after you set up each button and save the pte file. I ran into a small "bug" (and let Igor know) in that if you set up an OBJECT with an invalid action (exe file not there as an example) there is no way out except to CTNRL-ALT-DEL and lose what has not been saved.

Maybe after each OBJECT set up is a little much, but......

Garris,

"If I set the same color in properties, it stayes purple but when clicked, the two purples add and become a darker color."

Is the above condition appear to happen when you PREVIEW your show or compile your exe ?

As I mentioned earlier :

You must Preview your Show to get a true representation of how your Buttons will look and react when clicked. Doing so just within the Editor Window may be misleading to you

I assume you are clicking your Buttons in the Editor Window and getting the results you mention. Any time you click any Object within the Editor Window ... your selected Object will glow a highlighted color ... indicating this is the current selected/active object your working with. The highlighted color of your actual Button color is what you are seeing. This highlighted color is only perceivable in the Editor Window and is not reproducable or translated once you compile or prewiew your show.

You will not get a True representation of the Button color if you click it within the Editor Window. If you click it you will see the highlighted color of your actual Button color. You will get its True color if you dont click it or select it ( or if its selected ...you must deselect it).

The basic fact is : you cannot click or test your Buttons in the Editor Window to get an idea of how they work and react when clicked ... that you must do in the Preview Window.