WnSoft Forums

Music Loop

snapcam

Help!!

I have a sound track completed on Audition which plays normaly on audio.

It also plays normally in PTE project.

My problem is that when I play it in preview it seems to loop for a few seconds then the soundtrack stops.

It happens at the same point every time.

If I try to create the fault is in the finished sequence.

Snapcam

Hi Snapcam,

You don't supply much in the way of technical details. What format is the soundtrack file - WAV, MP3, OGG, other? Given that the problem always occurs at the same place, what are the characteristics of the items that make up the soundtrack at that point on the timeline?

By characteristics I mean: stereo or mono?, sample rate? (e.g. 44100Hz), sample format? (e.g. 32bit float); and especially - were all the original items making up the mix at that point all of the same set of characteristics?

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter

It is a mixed down track saved as MP3 Bit rare 256kbps. It was made some time ago and I don't have the original session saved so thats really all I can tell you.

It's the fact that it plays normally on the other playbacks that I don't understand. I have actually used this before on a sequence and I was editing the images so the soundtrack should be unaffected.

Sorry I know thats not much help to you.

Good to hear from you again.

Snapcam

Problem solved, There was a sound file customised on a particular slide which I was unaware of. When the sequence got to that point it played the customised file and stopped the sound track. Only happened on preview.Cleared the file and the problem disappeared.

Snapcam

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

How is the track added, in the general tab or to one individual slide, if it's been added to a slide, could be just a question of un-ticking or ticking one of the action boxes.

Yachtsman1.

OK, so the behaviour in Create and Preview is the same. That I would expect. In order to show the Preview, PTE has to do a "hidden" Create. So the behaviour of these two should always be the same. Some more basic information if you please: what version of PTE was the original sequence built under? and what version of PTE are you using when you get the fault? Is it only the re-build that gives the problem? Do you still have the original EXE? Does this also give the problem?

regards,

Peter

The original sequence was built on ver.6 and I am working on ver.6.5.

The sound fx was added to an individual slide using customise. I removed the sound fx and it was gone but found the sound track stopped. I had not unclicked the 'Play new background music file'.

I have an exe. that works fine but I did have a ver that had the problem. So it may be a problem I caused at a later date.

I think it was a case of sloppy working on my part but there was no indication to me that the slide had been customised and I found the problem when I realised the only thing I had not removed was the slide. :huh:

Snapcam