WnSoft Forums

Help with Music

aves

Jan

Best to use a sound editing programme and create one sound file for the whole of your project. I use Adobe Audition and before that it's predecessor CoolEdit+Studio. There are other cheaper programmes and some freeware on the market and I am sure you will soon get some sound (excuse the pun) advice from other members of the forum. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Jan:

Ron is correct Adobe Audition (Coole Edit plus studio) is a great software, but there are others almost as effective including a free one: AUDACITY. There is also Acoustica MP3 audio mix, it is quite cheap and good. Sound forge is another in the price range of Audition. You can find these by "googling" them/

Jan,

Just to follow Ron's excellent advice with another option. If you do as Ron suggested and put all your background music into one file, and leave a silent interval where you want the special slide-specific selection, you can add the special sound clip using the "Sound" line on the front window, making sure that there is sufficient space in the background music file to allow for different speeds of different pc's. This way the new sound clip will not interfere with the background music and the background music will start playing at the end of the special slide. Of course you might not be able to use the navigation controls, unless you are in synch mode, as if you pause the show, the background music will start in again before moving on to the next slide.

If you add the special music using "Customize Slide" it will cut off any other background music you are using, and the new selection will become the "background music".

The first method is most effective if your show is synchronized. Another way to do it would be to split the background music into two parts, one for the period up to the special slide, and then a second part programmed to continue at the start of the slide immediately after the special slide (using the music option in "Customize slide".)

Hope I haven't confused you too much! :)

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum. i would go allong with Ron, if you think for a moment of your second piece of music as commentary, then i would have the piece on a second track in the sound editor. This allows you to move it up and down the time line in your sound editor. When you export to MP3 it's position is locked into the MP3. You can fade or mute the first track during this period and have it resume after the piece has passed. The benifit of 2 track mixing is that you can move it again and again untill it is where you want it. Most sound editors give you a volume curve some call it a clothes line which allows you to alter the volume at any given point. This makes for a smooth transition between each piece,

Alan