WnSoft Forums

Avast shows malware!

denwell

Today AVAST anti virus alerted for malware when creating an exe for PC from PTE v 6.5.4.

It quarantined the file (see attached screengrab) and PTE refused to work from then on - needing Ctrl+alt+delete to rectify.

I was able to create an exe from v.7 but when opening it I was warned to run it in the sandbox - from where it opened and ran OK.

Worrying as all was well yesterday with the project.

post-739-0-56779100-1315330869_thumb.jpg

post-739-0-99604000-1315330889_thumb.jpg

Thank you Igor

Your file plays OK.

I have now discovered that a new project(built with different slides) creates an exe OK, but when assigning any icon to it from project options it creates OK but Avast then advises to run in sandbox. All icons used scan OK with Avast.

With no icon assigned - it creates and runs OK with no alert from Avast.

Den,

Please click the link "Report the file as a false positive". I see this function on the attached screenshot.

Try the following temporal solution. Find a folder:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\6.5\All\Components\UPX\

Rename UPX folder to another name. Now create executable file with an icon again. Will it help?

Igor

The action you suggested did not work. Avast still suggested opening in the sandbox.

I can opt to allow Avast to open normally for each exe I produce, but this will need doing for each new show produced.

All works fine on another PC not running Avast and I already reported a false positive.

I guess I'll have to wait this out to see if it rights itself. When V.7.0 is released I guess all should be OK.

Thanks for your attention.