WnSoft Forums

Image resized

DavidHarland

Hi to all,

I hope that the forum can help with this. It must be something blindingly obvious but I cannot see how it happens.

I am using P2E v6 and have imported images into a slide show with no problem. They are all in colour but I want to have some in monochrome. In Photoshop I convert the original colourimage to B&W and then re-save with a new file name. The new file is the same size as the old one in both image and canvas size.

I then import it into the existing slide show but the new B&W image is only a bit bigger than a thumbnail when it is inserted the slideshow. The original colour image is still full page in the slideshow but the mono is much smaller on the page.

There does not seem to be any obvious reason as to why this is happening. When both the original and mono image are viewed in Bridge they are the same in every dimension but something seems to happen during the import.

I want the mono to be the same size on the page as the colour but cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

All the best

David

HI David,

Are you by any chance trying to change the image from monochrome to color or vice versa?

It sounds very much like perhaps you are bringing the monochrome image in as a "child" of the other file. This could account for a change in relative size.

If you want both images on the same page but in different levels so you can fade one out while fading the other in, then be certain that before you load the second image you do not have the other one "selected."

You can tell if it is selected by whether the image is selected in the Objects and Animations screen by the color of the file name. If it is "blue" it is selected and you need to click outside the file but in the white area just beyond to "unselect it" before importing your second image. If you already have a number of them imported as a "child" of the first image, you can simply use the right click to then choose "cut" and then unselect the parent and "paste" the cut image back as a separate item.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

I must admit I have just copped out and re-imported all the images into a new file and they are appear as they should.

All I was trying to do was a simple fade transition from one image to another and the images are on separate pages. Each image file has a different name so have no relation to each other. I had done this before and it has been no problem but for some reason I still cannot fathom it did not behave itself this time.

The problem has been worked around rather than solved and that is good enough for me as I am under a bit of time pressure.

A big thank you for being so helpful and I am sure I will asking more questions in future.

David