WnSoft Forums

Invalid Floating Point Operation

jdearman

Hi,

What is your PTE version?

What is your operating system version?

What was the last operation you performed in PTE before the message pops up?

Tom

Tom,

I am using Version 6.5

Operation System is W7 Professional

The last operation before the error appeared was: I atempted to open a PTE file which is stored on an external hard drive. I was not in PTE when I attem pted to open the PTE file. I had found it on the external HD and opened it. I immediately got the error message and the PTE screen was faded out and different from the normal screen.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply.

JED

please supply details of your operating system

version of p2e

what were doing prior to the error message-- durinnng the error message

have you tried a reboot

ken

For Ken and Tom

I am using Version 6.5

Operation System is W7 Professional

The last operation before the error appeared was: I atempted to open a PTE file which is stored on an external hard drive. I was not in PTE when I attempted to open the PTE file. I had found it on the external HD and opened it. I immediately got the error message and the PTE screen was faded out and different from the normal screen.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply.

Before I did a reboot, I did a restore back for two days. That got rid of the error message. A reboot will also correct the problem.

However, an attempt to open a previously stored PTE slide show from an external HD will cause the problem to reappear; so I know where the problem comes from, I just don't know the why or what a floating Point Error is.

I am going to try and move the PTE show file from the external HD to the Main drive and see what happens. I will let you know.

JED

Hi Jed,

Use the PTE "Zip" feature to move your file to your main drive or you are likely to have issues with finding files, etc. If you go to "File" then choose "Create Backup in Zip" then all necessary files will be included and you can simply create a folder, extract the zip to that folder and everything will work fine. Without doing it this way, PTE will not likely be able to find all the files, especially if you make later changes to your external drive.

Best regards,

Lin

i would also do this

click the safely remove function -lower right of task bar for the external drive - am guessing it is usb - remove the plug and plug it into another usb port - when it recognized - try what you were doing before and see what is happening

ken