WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe on Windows 8

Igor

Microsoft has published today a public preview of Windows 8 for software developers (Windows 8 will replace Windows 7 next year).

I just tried quickly all main features of PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0. Everything works fine - the main program, slideshows, HD video output, DVD burning.

Igor,

That's good news for both you and us. For you, because it means you are not faced with a significant rewrite of PTE and for us, because we can decide when we move to Windows 8 in the sure knowledge that our favourite slideshow software will work OK.

regards,

Peter

I agree entirely with what Peter has said, it is good news indeed!

After the problems encountered with Vista and then Windows 7, it will be even better news if

Windows 8 runs without the bugs and glitches.

We can only hope!

Ron

There are two points I forgot to say.

Windows 8 designed for PCs, laptops as well as for table computers. I suppose that tablet computers with Windows 8 will have ARM CPUs (not Intel or AMD) and use a new "Metro" user interface (optimized for small screens) introduced in Windows 8.

PicturesToExe currently doesn't support ARM CPUs (because they never were used for Windows before). Also we need to adapt PicturesToExe for Metro UI, so you will able use PicturesToExe within usual Aero user interface (like in Windows 7). Personally I think that Metro UI is not much helpful for desktop applications.

Metro UI is very different from a standard graphical interface in Windows. It looks almost as an user interface on Windows Phone 7 smartphones. I have no idea how to fit all complex functions into Metro UI. Even Microsoft didn't show yet their new Office for the Metro UI. New Microsoft Office still uses old user interface.