WnSoft Forums

Music drops out of program

crickcrick1

When you say you "played the preview", do you mean that you used the "Preview" button at the bottom of the screen, or did you use the mini-player (the area in the upper right corner of the screen)?

How did you add the music: via Project Options...Music tab or via Add Sound?

What file format was your music: MP3, WAV, something else?

regards,

Peter

When you say you "played the preview", do you mean that you used the "Preview" button at the bottom of the screen, or did you use the mini-player (the area in the upper right corner of the screen)?

How did you add the music: via Project Options...Music tab or via Add Sound?

What file format was your music: MP3, WAV, something else?

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Sorry I wasn't specific. I added my music(MP3)via Project Options,and played it via the "preview" button and it was exactly as I wanted. I then hit the publish button to make an "exe" file. I then ran the exe file and no sound!

I also made a dvd - not high def, and it picked up the music. Problem with the dvd version is that the images are not as sharp as those in the exe version.

I'm baffled by the absence of sound on your EXE file. It is my understanding that, in order to do the Preview, PTE builds a temporary EXE file and runs that. I don't understand how the Preview works but the EXE doesn't. Maybe someone else can offer some thoughts on this one.

The DVD issue is well known. Your DVD-Video is built to PAL or NTSC standard as appropriate - and thats only something like 760x560 pixels (I forget the exact vales). If you then play that back onto a large HD TV screen, the images get interpolated to fill the screen on at least one axis. (Interpolation = adding pixels that were never there in order to enlarge the image. This always results in a degraded image)

regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hopefully someone has had this problem. I just started using 7.0, developed the slideprogram with 4 songs, played the preview and all was well. I then published it as exe file and when I tried to play the new exe file the dissolves and everything worked but no music. Where did I go wrong?

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as you. The preview and the iPad-MP4 works well but the EXE file doesn't play any music.

It's a shame because the EXE file offers the best quality and this is what i want to show to my clients ...

I would make a copy show, "Save AS" different name and strip out the music completely.

Add a different piece of music - no need to be too precise - try the EXE and see if it works.

If it does then you can start putting your original music back in one at a time. Make an EXE at each stage and try to find out which track is causing the problem.

If you fail on the first track try altering the order.

Alternatively make a TEMPLATE and upload it somewhere that one of us could download from and try it for you?

DG

• 2 weeks later...

Please could you upload created executable file and source files of this project? We'll check up. You can use a free service www.mediafire.com to upload ZIP archive with files. Please let me know the download link in this topic or by private message. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I think that I've found the reason for this problem.

My project contents 226 photos and 4 movieclips and the file size of the exe-file is about 2,6 GB. This exe-file doesn't play any music.

The music will be played when I reduce it to 170 photos and 3 movies so it seems that it depends from the file size of the exe-file.

Regards, Klaus

Klaus,

I think that I've found the reason for this problem.

My project contents 226 photos and 4 movieclips and the file size of the exe-file is about 2,6 GB. This exe-file doesn't play any music.

The music will be played when I reduce it to 170 photos and 3 movies so it seems that it depends from the file size of the exe-file.

Regards, Klaus

EXE files should be able to be compiled upto 4GB.

A few Tests and Questions :

Question1 ~ What is your OS and Drive file format (NTFS, FAT32, etc) ?

Question2 ~ Have the Video files been converted with PTE's Video Converter Tool or some other source ?

Test1 ~ What happens with compiled EXE sound playback if you use all 226 images but use the videos with Properties option enabled to Do Not Include File to EXE (The video files do not get compiled to the EXE and will run from its external file path and therefore reduce the EXE overall file size.) See Attachment.

Test2 ~ Convert the Video files with PTE's Video Converter Tool if they have not already been done so. Perform one test with the above video Properties option enabled and another test with the option disabled.

post-45-0-50493000-1325720199_thumb.jpg

Klaus,

EXE files should be able to be compiled upto 4GB.

A few Tests and Questions :

Question1 ~ What is your OS and Drive file format (NTFS, FAT32, etc) ?

Question2 ~ Have the Video files been converted with PTE's Video Converter Tool or some other source ?

Test1 ~ What happens with compiled EXE sound playback if you use all 226 images but use the videos with Properties option enabled to Do Not Include File to EXE (The video files do not get compiled to the EXE and will run from its external file path and therefore reduce the EXE overall file size.) See Attachment.

Test2 ~ Convert the Video files with PTE's Video Converter Tool if they have not already been done so. Perform one test with the above video Properties option enabled and another test with the option disabled.

Hi nobeefstu,

thanks for your reply.

I've tried it again and again with your suggestions but it doesn't work. After that I've kept all videos and reduced the number of my photos (from 225 to 155) and it worked!

I work with Windows 7/64bit, drive file format NTFS

Regards, Klaus

Klaus,

I've tried it again and again with your suggestions but it doesn't work. After that I've kept all videos and reduced the number of my photos (from 225 to 155) and it worked!

It seems strange that this time you reduced the amount to 155 slides and now have 4 videos and the sound works. Yet even when you did not embedd (not compile video) to the EXE the sound still did not work in the 225 photo file.

What is the exact file size of the 155 EXE that works ?

What is the exact file size of the 225 EXE that does not work ?

*Right-click the compiled EXE files itself to verify exactly.

I suggest you upload your project as per Igor's request so he may personally inspect it.

"Please could you upload created executable file and source files of this project? We'll check up. You can use a free service www.mediafire.com to upload ZIP archive with files. Please let me know the download link in this topic or by private message. Thanks in advance!"

Klaus,

It seems strange that this time you reduced the amount to 155 slides and now have 4 videos and the sound works. Yet even when you did not embedd (not compile video) to the EXE the sound still did not work in the 225 photo file.

What is the exact file size of the 155 EXE that works ?

What is the exact file size of the 225 EXE that does not work ?

*Right-click the compiled EXE files itself to verify exactly.

I suggest you upload your project as per Igor's request so he may personally inspect it.

Hi nobeefstu,

thanks again for your reply.

I've tried a few variations (only with different file sizes) and I've created two different files. The original EXE is about 2,67 GB and the sounds did not work.

The second file is about 1,99 GB (i've deleted some photos) and it works perfectly with the sound files.

The main problem is that it's impossible to upload this project because the client doesn't allow this.

It still seems that this problem causes from the size of the EXE file ...

Regards, Klaus

Klaus,

The second file is about 1,99 GB (i've deleted some photos) and it works perfectly with the sound files.

The main problem is that it's impossible to upload this project because the client doesn't allow this.

That is a problem with huge file sizes. Maybe we can sort this out on the forum if you supply additional info as we go.

What is your overall average single image file kb/mb size and its resolution ?

Are you using images straight out of the camera ?

* By a rough calculation of your numbers ... your approx 70 images removed (225-155=70) would make each image on average around 9 MB (70x9=630MB or .63GB)

* If you have not already done so ... have you tried reducing the image file size and its resolution to something more compatible to your screen/monitor resolution ?

Klaus,

That is a problem with huge file sizes.

What is your overall average single image file kb/mb size and its resolution ?

Are you using images straight out of the camera ?

* By a rough calculation of your numbers ... your approx 70 images removed (225-155=70) would make each image on average around 9 MB (70x9=630MB or .63GB)

Welcome back nobeefstu,

you're right that every image is about 9 MB. I only use files converted from RAW and retouched in Photoshop but I don't resize them before I add them to PicturesToExe.

Do you think that it makes sense to resize them in PS before adding them to the slideshow?

Thanks and regards, Klaus

Klause,

Yes ... most definitely. Resize your images to match your screen/monitor resolution. Anything over is not beneficial and just wastes space and pc resources and will ultimately reduce your overall EXE file size. If you zoom images ... then on average just double the screen/monitor size.

Klause,

Yes ... most definitely. Resize your images to match your screen/monitor resolution. Anything over is not beneficial and just wastes space and pc resources and will ultimately reduce your overall EXE file size.

Hi nobeefstu,

I'll try it within the next days and I'll let you know if it works (hopefully).

Thanks for advice and have a good day // Klaus

I've tried a few variations (only with different file sizes) and I've created two different files. The original EXE is about 2,67 GB and the sounds did not work.

Klaus,

If you cannot upload a file of this size direct to the client, investigate some of the file hosting services such as MediaFire and Dropbox. You could possibly upload your file to such a site and then send your client a URL link to download the file from the hosting service.

Peter

Klaus,

If you cannot upload a file of this size direct to the client, investigate some of the file hosting services such as MediaFire and Dropbox. You could possibly upload your file to such a site and then send your client a URL link to download the file from the hosting service.

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply but this was a misunderstanding.

It's not about the file size, it's about the possibility to send the whole project to Igor.

The reason for it is that my client doesn't allow to send these (his) images because it's commissioned work.

Regards, Klaus