WnSoft Forums

Inconsistent Video Playback in Show

jephens

I've got a pretty basic slideshow (v7.01) that's set up to advance on key press via a 2 second fade transition. It's mostly all JPGs separated by blank slides, but one of the slides has a 36 second AVI file embedded in it.

The problem I'm having is the AVI file will occasionally (not every time which is the part that's driving us nuts) stop playing about 30 seconds in. If I press the spacebar (or right arrow or right mouse) the video will start back up.

I thought it had something to do with slide duration, but even making the slide duration 60 seconds will still occasionally hang up the video.

This is being used in a theatrical production, so we're hoping to get it to work the same way every time.

I'd appreciate any thoughts...

Jeff

Jeff,

I've got a pretty basic slideshow (v7.01) that's set up to advance on key press via a 2 second fade transition. It's mostly all JPGs separated by blank slides, but one of the slides has a 36 second AVI file embedded in it

Since you are building a basic Manual slideshow with Blank Slides and a Timed Video try these settings to see if your playback results remain consistent :

-Set Project Options-Control to Wait for Key Press

-On your Blank Slides : set Customize Slde-Main Timing to Show next Slide after Indicated Time Interval.

-On your added Video Slides : set Customize Slde-Main Timing to Show next Slide after Indicated Time Interval.

* Build using the new setting Keep Slide Show Duration . Manual slideshows rarely require any use of the Timeline for additional adjustments. Any manual editing/adjustments made in the Timeline may offset the original Keep Slide Show Duration values.

-Set Project Options-Control to Wait for Key Press

Done.

-On your Blank Slides : set Customize Slde-Main Timing to Show next Slide after Indicated Time Interval.

This seems to go against what I want it to do. Did you perhaps mean "Wait until key press" on this one?

-On your added Video Slides : set Customize Slde-Main Timing to Show next Slide after Indicated Time Interval.

Did that and it seems to work just fine.

* Build using the new setting Keep Slide Show Duration . Manual slideshows rarely require any use of the Timeline for additional adjustments. Any manual editing/adjustments made in the Timeline may offset the original Keep Slide Show Duration values.

Done. This seems to work just fine now. I have run the show a half-dozen times and can't get it to lock up.

I also ran the video thru the Converter as was suggested later in the thread, just to be on the safe side.

At this point, I'd like to call the problem solved, but won' fully know until the show is run in sequence over a 2.5 hour production... I'm never sure if me just hitting next a bunch of times real fast creates a different environment than an op hitting NEXT once every 20 or so minutes...

I'll keep yall p'osted. :-)

Jeff,

This seems to go against what I want it to do. Did you perhaps mean "Wait until key press" on this one?

By using Show next Slide after Indicated Time Interval on your Blank Slides as I have indicated ... you donot interupt the natural time flow Slide to Slide because the Blank Slide is in essence joined to the next Slide by the setting. Therefore the Slide itself is/becomes the trigger element to advance and not the Blank Slide. With Video, you are now adding an additional timed element into the mix of which you dont want to interupt the natural time flow.

*Users building automactic Slide Shows dont notice any time flow changes because the Blank Slides are already joined by showing the next Slide time duration automatically.

Hope your production all goes well.