WnSoft Forums

Error Message- help for newbie

overbeyond

Hello Everybody

I use pte de luxe 7

When I play back the slides in the preview screen everything works perfectly; audio and video files also.

However, When I try to preview I get an error message about a missing file; an old file that I had deleted but since replaced with a different one. This message also appears when I try to save as Pte file. (I have not created an exe file yet.) I have closed and restarted but no change.

Hope what I have described is adequate

I would really appreciate any help on this and I offer you many thanks in advance.

Go to the offending slide in Slide View and Double Cick to bring up the O&A screen.

In Properties click on the drop down next to PICTURE and make sure that the correct file is listed there.

If the offending image is an OBJECT rather than the Main Image then you should look for it in the Objects list and delete it there.

If that fails look at the error message - it will tell you the name of the file it is looking for and where it is looking for it.

Put the original image (or another file named identically) where it is looking for it and replay the show - that will show you where you originally had it and allow you to do something about it.

DG

Go to the offending slide in Slide View and Double Cick to bring up the O&A screen.

In Properties click on the drop down next to PICTURE and make sure that the correct file is listed there.

If the offending image is an OBJECT rather than the Main Image then you should look for it in the Objects list and delete it there.

If that fails look at the error message - it will tell you the name of the file it is looking for and where it is looking for it.

Put the original image (or another file named identically) where it is looking for it and replay the show - that will show you where you originally had it and allow you to do something about it.

DG

Thank you DG

The offending slide is an added blank file with text only. So in O&A I am not seeing PICTURE and drop down menu.

Hope I am understanding this properly.

Thanks again