WnSoft Forums

Copy To and From Comment

vicbrasil

Since version 7 has been released and the two updates, I have seen (and been frustrated) with the inability to copy comments to and from the COMMENT box in the creation of presentations.

In all previous versions one could take text from any "text" files and copy it to the COMMENT box.

In Version 7.0.0; 7.0.1; and 7.0.2 one cannot do that.

Would it be possible for WnSoft to tweak the code so that as we create new presentations one can copy text to and from text files, previous presentations, etc.

THANKS!

Hi,

Could you give some details of your operating system, version, etc.

I can copy and paste into either the comments or the text block from Word, Wordpad, etc., with no problems. I'm using XP Home Edition and PTE ;7.02..

Best regards,

Lin

Since version 7 has been released and the two updates, I have seen (and been frustrated) with the inability to copy comments to and from the COMMENT box in the creation of presentations.

In all previous versions one could take text from any "text" files and copy it to the COMMENT box.

In Version 7.0.0; 7.0.1; and 7.0.2 one cannot do that.

Would it be possible for WnSoft to tweak the code so that as we create new presentations one can copy text to and from text files, previous presentations, etc.

THANKS!

Hi,

Could you give some details of your operating system, version, etc.

I can copy and paste into either the comments or the text block from Word, Wordpad, etc., with no problems. I'm using XP Home Edition and PTE ;7.02..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

You are always saving me!

I am running Win 7 Home Premium.

I still have PTE 6.5 and have no problem copying and pasting.

But not in PTE Version 7.0.0 or any of the updates.

I cannot copy from 6.5 to 7, from WORD, or any text file.

I can delete by highlighting.

INTERESTING:

Just copied something from a text file and did a Control-V and nothing.

I then put my cursor in the comment box and right click and there was PASTE.

And it copied the text into the Comment Box. But does not do it with Control-V

BUT, it does copy with SHIFT-INSERT.

Why not Control-V?

Thanks for all the help!

I am just down the road from you at Palmer Divide.

Vic

Hi Lin,

You are always saving me!

I am running Win 7 Home Premium.

I still have PTE 6.5 and have no problem copying and pasting.

But not in PTE Version 7.0.0 or any of the updates.

I cannot copy from 6.5 to 7, from WORD, or any text file.

I can delete by highlighting.

INTERESTING:

Just copied something from a text file and did a Control-V and nothing.

I then put my cursor in the comment box and right click and there was PASTE.

And it copied the text into the Comment Box. But does not do it with Control-V

BUT, it does copy with SHIFT-INSERT.

Why not Control-V?

Thanks for all the help!

I am just down the road from you at Palmer Divide.

Vic

Have been looking at possible problems with Windows 7 and keyboard.

I even tried the OSK.exe (on screen keyboard) as I am using a wireless keyboard.

Still no good. I still need to use Shift-Insert to Paste.

I also noted that to copy I need Control-Insert.

Then it all works well.

I suppose I need to learn new key commands.

Hi Vic,

We're neighbors! Actually, I haven't tried keyboard shortcuts yet - I usually right click and choose paste so let me try that and see what happens. If there are changes in keyboard shortcuts I wasn't aware of it, so maybe you have uncovered a bug. We will have to confer with Igor when he returns from his holiday.

I'll check and see if the normal Ctrl V works for me...

Best regards,

Lin

Vic,

Ctrl V doesn't work for me either - Shift - Insert does. Ctrl V does, however, work to copy paste slides in the slide list. Probably it would be a good idea to let Igor know when he gets back so if you don't hear from him in a week or so - remind him and we'll see if this is intentional or a bug.

Best regards,

Lin

Vic,

Ctrl V doesn't work for me either - Shift - Insert does. Ctrl V does, however, work to copy paste slides in the slide list. Probably it would be a good idea to let Igor know when he gets back so if you don't hear from him in a week or so - remind him and we'll see if this is intentional or a bug.

Best regards,

Lin

Would you be so kind as to do the follow up with Igor when he gets back?

I would appreciate it as I will be out of contact for a little while.

Just CC me when you get a response from Igor as to the plans.

BTW, you helped me with Panoramas - sent me the Mesa Verse PTE and then showed me how to do a Vertical - couple years ago.

Now I am using videos in my PTE - problem is that I lay a sound track and then have to add a blank (no sound) when the video begins.

I do a fade out and fade in back to the sound track when the video ends.

I suppose it would be very difficult to write code to Pause the sound track when the video begins and then restart it when it finishes.

Oh well - just a thought.

Thanks for the help and letting me know that I am not being weird on my computer.

Vic

I have just tried this and find that if you click on the little page symbol at the end of the comment box, it opens up a 'Text for Current Slide' box.

CTRL+V does work in this box but not in the single line comment on the main screen.

As Lin & Vicbrasil have found you have to use Shift+Insert to paste into this.

Jill

I have just tried this and find that if you click on the little page symbol at the end of the comment box, it opens up a 'Text for Current Slide' box.

CTRL+V does work in this box but not in the single line comment on the main screen.

As Lin & Vicbrasil have found you have to use Shift+Insert to paste into this.

Jill

WOW, you are so right.

If one has the COMMENT box open up, then one can copy to it.

One can also copy from it with the box open.

SUPER - thanks for this heads up.

And if Igor can look at it when he gets back from holiday, then we have it covered.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Actually, there are ways to do what you want to do without the blank, etc.

You can do this in either of two ways:

1. Add the background sound two times on the same track. Set the "duration" for the first instance of the background audio to terminate just before the start of the video. You can use a fade out for "X" number of seconds. Next go to the second iteration of this background sound and set the "start time" to correspond to the ending time of your first track. This will "continue" you background sound right where it left off. But, you must also set the "offset" to the ending time of the video. You can set a "fade in" on this iteration for "X" seconds. So what will happen is your slides will progress with normal background audio until the one just before the video and at the termination of this slide, the audio will have faded out and the video's audio will begin. Then when the video ends, the audio from the second iteration will begin to fade in. You will probably, however, want to put your video into your video editor and fade the audio track in and out. There is no provision yet for this in PTE.

2. Put the audio first on track one and set the duration to the time of the video's start with a fade out of "X" seconds. This will effectively terminate the first instance of the audio with a fade out as the video starts. Add a track and put the same audio in the second track with the "Offset" equal to the end time of the video and the duration to the end of your last slide or where you want the audio to end. Put the "start time" equal to the end time of the fade out of the first track. Use fade out as desired.

The reason I gave two ways of doing this is that sometimes one might have other things going on in separate tracks..... The audio is actually pretty sophisticated with PTE but you must keep in mind that "start time" is "how far into the audio track you want to begin to hear the sound" while the "offset" is how far along the time line you want to actually begin hearing audio. Then the "duration" is how much of the audio you want to actually play. If left at default, the entire audio mp3, etc., will play assuming there is sufficient time along the time line (enough slide time) to complete it.

There is actually no resource penalty for having multiple instances of the same audio in a single PTE show.

Best regards,

Lin

Would you be so kind as to do the follow up with Igor when he gets back?

I would appreciate it as I will be out of contact for a little while.

Just CC me when you get a response from Igor as to the plans.

BTW, you helped me with Panoramas - sent me the Mesa Verse PTE and then showed me how to do a Vertical - couple years ago.

Now I am using videos in my PTE - problem is that I lay a sound track and then have to add a blank (no sound) when the video begins.

I do a fade out and fade in back to the sound track when the video ends.

I suppose it would be very difficult to write code to Pause the sound track when the video begins and then restart it when it finishes.

Oh well - just a thought.

Thanks for the help and letting me know that I am not being weird on my computer.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Actually, there are ways to do what you want to do without the blank, etc.

You can do this in either of two ways:

1. Add the background sound two times on the same track. Set the "duration" for the first instance of the background audio to terminate just before the start of the video. You can use a fade out for "X" number of seconds. Next go to the second iteration of this background sound and set the "start time" to correspond to the ending time of your first track. This will "continue" you background sound right where it left off. But, you must also set the "offset" to the ending time of the video. You can set a "fade in" on this iteration for "X" seconds. So what will happen is your slides will progress with normal background audio until the one just before the video and at the termination of this slide, the audio will have faded out and the video's audio will begin. Then when the video ends, the audio from the second iteration will begin to fade in. You will probably, however, want to put your video into your video editor and fade the audio track in and out. There is no provision yet for this in PTE.

2. Put the audio first on track one and set the duration to the time of the video's start with a fade out of "X" seconds. This will effectively terminate the first instance of the audio with a fade out as the video starts. Add a track and put the same audio in the second track with the "Offset" equal to the end time of the video and the duration to the end of your last slide or where you want the audio to end. Put the "start time" equal to the end time of the fade out of the first track. Use fade out as desired.

The reason I gave two ways of doing this is that sometimes one might have other things going on in separate tracks..... The audio is actually pretty sophisticated with PTE but you must keep in mind that "start time" is "how far into the audio track you want to begin to hear the sound" while the "offset" is how far along the time line you want to actually begin hearing audio. Then the "duration" is how much of the audio you want to actually play. If left at default, the entire audio mp3, etc., will play assuming there is sufficient time along the time line (enough slide time) to complete it.

There is actually no resource penalty for having multiple instances of the same audio in a single PTE show.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for the very detailed and sophisticated explanation.

I need to try these as I work on the presentation so I can follow your directions.

I will try and experiment when I create my next PTE - 45 days or so.

I hope you do not mind my checking back if (when) I have some problems/issues.

Vic Garcia

GarciaTrips.com

www.vimeo.com/garciatrips/videos

www.youtube.com/vicbrasilnut#g/u

www.wpanorama.com/?author=Vic_Garcia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...