WnSoft Forums

Timeline

Threllie

I have just purchased Pictures to Exe along with a starter DVD which is very helpful but when I add music, it plays during my slideshow but I can't see it in the timeline. It is an MP3 track and I've followed the tutorial for adding music but without being able to see it in the timeline it sort of defeats the object. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Threllie

Hi Threllie,

A couple questions:

What color is the waveform icon before and after you click on it?

How did you add your music - through the Project Options or on the slide? If you added it on the slide, you won't see the waveform and the waveform icon will be gray. If you added it through project options, the waveform icon will be blue and when you click it, you "should" see the waveform below the timeline.

Best regards,

Lin

thyanks again DG but I can access the waveform icon but when I click on it I still don't get the waveform which is very frustrating. Any other toughts?

Much appreciated

Threllie

Hi Threllie,

A couple questions:

What color is the waveform icon before and after you click on it?

How did you add your music - through the Project Options or on the slide? If you added it on the slide, you won't see the waveform and the waveform icon will be gray. If you added it through project options, the waveform icon will be blue and when you click it, you "should" see the waveform below the timeline.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, the timeline icon is light blue when I click on it and when I don't. I added the music through the Project Options but still can't see the timeline. I see a Blue arrow pointing up at the slides but no wavwform to be seen!

Thanks

Threllie

If I then go to the Timeline and click on the Waveform Icon I see this.

Can you show us what you see?

DG

P.S. Have you tried a different MP3 file?

post-2488-0-87822800-1322413756_thumb.jp

I have tried different MP3 files DG, same problem each time. Sorry I wouldn't know how to show you what I see, how do I take a screen shot of what I see you send to you?

Threllie

Press the Prt Scr button on keyboard - go to PS or Elements etc - File - New - it will show your screen resolution - accept.

Then do Edit - Paste.

Save as medium quality JPEG - and attach to your post in Full Editor.

DG

I have attached my P2E screen , sadly lacking its music waveform. What do you think DG?

Threllie

post-9949-0-75686600-1322427282_thumb.jp

I notice from your screen shot that you use Dropbox. Why not drop the offending MP3 file into it and post a link so that we can see if we get the same problem?

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, I have tried with 3 different MP3 files and I get the same problem each time. Happy to follow your suggestion though but am a bit of a techno ludite so don't know how to post a link - can you explain?

Many thanks

Threllie

Try a couple things:

First click on View then Timeline Options and check the color of the waveform and make sure it's not white. it it's white, change it to a color which can be seen against the white background.

If it's not white, then put your cursor just below the blue waveform icon until the cursor changes to up and down arrows with parallel lines in between. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the line upward a couple inches and see if the waveform appears...

The fact that a vertical line appears below the little blue up arrow means that the waveform is there - for whatever reason you can't see it....

Lin

I have attached my P2E screen , sadly lacking its music waveform. What do you think DG?

Threllie

Firstly, I think that you should upgrade to V7.0.2.(I don't see the KFSD box - so you are on an earlier version).

Then you could try dragging your MP3 directly into the Timeline?

DG

P.S. I'll have to leave you in Lin's capable hands - it's getting too late.