WnSoft Forums

Paid for registration all I got was a registry key

Bear

Hi all,

Well I can't say that I'm very impressed with the registered version of PicturesToExe. Mostly because I paid for it, but can't use the registered version because the ONLY thing I received from WnSoft was a registry key in text form. No installer, no message.:blink:

I don't know if this is standard for this company but it's pretty unprofessional to ask your customers to manually insert a registry key to register a program. For $30, you could at least write an installer or something. :angry:

And so far I haven't heard anything from tech support (which is supposed to be included in the price). So I have a Christmas present that doesn't look like it's going to get done because this weekend is the time I was going to spend putting most of it together . . . except I can't because I've paid for a programme I can't use at the moment. The last thing I need is to bugger up my computer by manually editing the registry.:angry:

:(

Bah Humbug. Maybe my credit card company can get my money back for me since so far I did NOT get what I paid for.

Bear

I'm sorry for unpleasant difficulty!

That's very strange that you didn't receive our usual registration letter with a text. I just ordered the program and then received the letter and attached key. Problem it was temporary problem. To make sure, I've resend you registration letter and key manually.

All you need it's (as will be described in the reg. letter):

1) Save attached pte.txt file to any folder;

2) Run PicturesToExe. To register your program press Help | Registration... | "Load Key" button and then select this saved pte.txt file.

With best regards,

Bear:

There have been a very few minor problems with the keys, but they are usually straightened out right away.

As Igor says the "install" is easy.

Hopefully you will feel much better once this is sorted out and you see how great the software is.

The forum is a great place for advice

E-mail received. I will try it when I get home. <_<

I know the software (at least the trial) does what I want it to. Mainly I wanted it because it is the only one that I have found that does, in fact, run on Windows 95 which is the operating system used by the person I'm making the slideshows for. All of the other trials I tried (about 4 or 5) either didn't work on Windows 95 or one only had numbers for the transition effects (and no guide as to what number went with which effect . . . all 128 of them) which quickly got deleted! :blink:

'Tis the season for stress. :lol: