WnSoft Forums

pan

moonman

Hello

i have been making a pan shot and am getting a stutter about 5 secs into a 1min pan. smooth after that.

win xp serv pk 3 spd 1.8 Gh ram 960 Mb V ram256mb virt mem 672Mb free disc space 2.7 Gb avail V mem 1.96Gb .

5 sec blk---4 sec trans---60 sec pan---4 sec trans----blk does not show in small p/v only at full scrn the stutter seems to be at end of first blk slide

i attch the exe Otley panorama 1 17 Mb

any suggestions please

The attachment didn't work - try linking or upload to Beachbrook or one of the free upload/download sites.

From your description, it "sounds" like perhaps your video card isn't up to the task. PTE does hardware rendering so the video card is more important than the processor when considering larger images with pan and zoom. You can slice your large pano image into multiple smaller images using a freeware tool like PhotoScape. Then put them in sequentially and use "Push Effect" (left or right depending on how you want to pan) as the transition with "Low Quality Of Resizing" checked for that selected slide in the Objects and Animations "Properties" tab. This will smoothly scroll your slides as if they were a single pano with no visible demarcation between slides. It will look exactly as if you were panning a very large panorama, but the loading on the video card and system will be significantly reduced.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello

i have been making a pan shot and am getting a stutter about 5 secs into a 1min pan. smooth after that.

win xp serv pk 3 spd 1.8 Gh ram 960 Mb V ram256mb virt mem 672Mb free disc space 2.7 Gb avail V mem 1.96Gb .

5 sec blk---4 sec trans---60 sec pan---4 sec trans----blk does not show in small p/v only at full scrn the stutter seems to be at end of first blk slide

i attch the exe Otley panorama 1 17 Mb

any suggestions please

Hi Erik,

Mip mapping (anti-shimmer) is no longer a "ticked" option, but is automatically incorporated in the new versions of PTE. I suspect he is experiencing resource issues.

Best regards,

Lin

Have you ticked the Anti Shimmering mip map option in the O&A section, (assuming it's still there in the current version?) see pic :unsure:

Yachtsman1

organmorgan,

You may want to make one initial and simple test before you proceed.

Disable the Transition Effects or just use Quick- No Transition Effect. This will help you to first see if the Effect itself is promoting your 4/5 sec stutter.

* The Mini Player uses alot less system resources than Full Screen playback.

Hello

thanks for response to Lin golly i thought i put everything its pix dims are 3530 x 526. i sent file to two others one regular pte man sees stutter the other on a sony laptop after careful prompting does not see any stutter. I notice i am down as a junior member but im actually an old man !! I will try other suggestions like the no transition .

cheers j

organmorgan,

You may want to make one initial and simple test before you proceed.

Disable the Transition Effects or just use Quick- No Transition Effect. This will help you to first see if the Effect itself is promoting your 4/5 sec stutter.

* The Mini Player uses alot less system resources than Full Screen playback.

Hello

i have tried with short transition as you say no diff also try with no blk starter slide again no effect

Would it help if i up loaded the file for any body to try . I dont know if thats possible i know i can up load but how you get at it no idea . cheers J

organmorgan,

By your comment below ... uploading your project for others to test really wont help what I believe may be caused by your marginal PC performance. Users with PC performance like yours are likely to experience the same pan issue whereas users with higher PC performance will most likely have no issues with your slideshow.

i sent file to two others one regular pte man sees stutter the other on a sony laptop after careful prompting does not see any stutter.

*I would follow Lin's suggestions above to see if you can resolve your PC pan issue. You may also try croppig your 3530 x 526 image to something like (half the width) 1765 x 526 as a test to see if the reduced file size pans properly on your PC. This will atleast expose some level of a PC performance limitation and help you to guage a max image size your PC can handle for pans.

organmorgan,

By your comment below ... uploading your project for others to test really wont help what I believe may be caused by your marginal PC performance. Users with PC performance like yours are likely to experience the same pan issue whereas users with higher PC performance will most likely have no issues with your slideshow.

*I would follow Lin's suggestions above to see if you can resolve your PC pan issue. You may also try croppig your 3530 x 526 image to something like (half the width) 1765 x 526 as a test to see if the reduced file size pans properly on your PC. This will atleast expose some level of a PC performance limitation and help you to guage a max image size your PC can handle for pans.

thank you man from the bay it might well be i have made narrower pans before without problems. cheers john happy new year

hello you helpfull guys .

i am not sure if lin now wants me to up load again . If you do i am lost on how to do it . I have used mail big file a web up load but dont know how on earth i would get it to this forum or you.

I have sent the file to a friend to try on his pc see if he gets same result. If he does i will try sending to you.

cheers john

Guest Yachtsman1

hello you helpfull guys .

i am not sure if lin now wants me to up load again . If you do i am lost on how to do it . I have used mail big file a web up load but dont know how on earth i would get it to this forum or you.

I have sent the file to a friend to try on his pc see if he gets same result. If he does i will try sending to you.

cheers john

Hi Organ Morgan

Upload it to Dropbox or Mediafire & post the URL on here.

Yachtsman1

PS Zip the full folder first