WnSoft Forums

upgrade 5.6.4 to new Picts EXE version

amandagrantham

I have downloaded 7.0.3 regular version -- what version do I need in order to create DVD's? What is video builder? Also -- in animoto there are templates one can use to create slideshows-- does picts to exe offer same type of thing? if so -- where do I find? Also-- does picts to exe recongnize ITUNE downloads for music? Thanks for your help

You should find that you can make EXE files as before, but to enable use of VideoBuilder you'll need to purchase the upgrade license.

Clicking on PUBLISH will show what you can or cannot do. The JPEG attached will show what it should look like.

Templates are things that you can set up your self.

Just choose from the the variables in Project Options and add your images. You could choose one of the many transitions or random.

Pan, Zoom and Rotate are not part of the Templates - you will have to be a little creative yourself - it's more fun.

The standard music file types are MP3, WAV, wma and ogg.

DG

post-2488-0-32817400-1325788182_thumb.jp

You should find that you can make EXE files as before, but to enable use of VideoBuilder you'll need to purchase the upgrade license.

Clicking on PUBLISH will show what you can or cannot do. The JPEG attached will show what it should look like.

Templates are things that you can set up your self.

Just choose from the the variables in Project Options and add your images. You could choose one of the many transitions or random.

Pan, Zoom and Rotate are not part of the Templates - you will have to be a little creative yourself - it's more fun.

The standard music file types are MP3, WAV, wma and ogg.

DG

post-2488-0-32817400-1325788182_thumb.jp

Hi,

Let me try to answer some of your questions. PTE is nothing like Animoto. There are no "canned" templates which create random animations or animated to the background rhythm of music. If you want animations, you pretty much create them yourself. There are a few "templates" available which have been written by users. Some are free, some are very inexpensive.

Video Builder is needed to output to HD mp4 h.264 or to iPod, iPad, iPhone, auto upload to Youtube, etc. You can output Windows executable code, MacIntosh native executable code or create AVI's without Video Builder, but I would suggest buying it because it's a "very" nice add-on and well integrated with PTE. Video Builder has a two year upgrade cycle. That is, from the time you purchase Video Builder, you can upgrade free for two years. This doesn't mean that Video Builder quits working when the two years are up, it just means that to upgrade to the latest version will require purchasing the upgrade.

PTE - the basic program has a free lifetime upgrade.

Any specific questions you may have, I will "try" to answer, but it's best to go to the Wnsoft.com site to learn and read details about the latest version of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

WOW---- I did try to help myself-I did look and just didn't see what I was looking for- God also helps those who helps others .. jes sayin -- but thanks

Hi,

Let me try to answer some of your questions. PTE is nothing like Animoto. There are no "canned" templates which create random animations or animated to the background rhythm of music. If you want animations, you pretty much create them yourself. There are a few "templates" available which have been written by users. Some are free, some are very inexpensive.

Video Builder is needed to output to HD mp4 h.264 or to iPod, iPad, iPhone, auto upload to Youtube, etc. You can output Windows executable code, MacIntosh native executable code or create AVI's without Video Builder, but I would suggest buying it because it's a "very" nice add-on and well integrated with PTE. Video Builder has a two year upgrade cycle. That is, from the time you purchase Video Builder, you can upgrade free for two years. This doesn't mean that Video Builder quits working when the two years are up, it just means that to upgrade to the latest version will require purchasing the upgrade.

PTE - the basic program has a free lifetime upgrade.

Any specific questions you may have, I will "try" to answer, but it's best to go to the Wnsoft.com site to learn and read details about the latest version of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

I have 3 specific questions -- Do I need Deluxe to create a DVD that will play in a DVD player? If so, is that the only thing that I will need (besides burner, of course) to burn a DVD? If I do NOT have Deluxe, can I use the standard version to burn a DVD? And can it be burned within picts to exe --or is there another software that is needed? Thank you, Lin-- as you can see I am accustomed to animoto and this is different-- I did try to search on wnsoft.com but perhaps I am not looking in the right place but I'm not seeing alot of help--- This forum with the exception of one comment has been more helpful than anything -- thank you so much -- I appreciate your kindness :-)

Hi,

The reason it is difficult to give you and answer quickly is that almost everyone on this forum has the deluxe version and with that, it's not easy to say exactly what your screen would look like without it.

If I remember correctly, you "can" create a DVD that will play in a DVD player and you don't need Deluxe to do that. You can also create an AVI file, but how well you can do this depends on "codecs" which you may or may not have on your existing system. There is no other software needed to burn a DVD, but to make an AVI you "may" need an additional codec depending on what you have already. Codecs (compress-decompress) come with a number of different software packages. Generally, there is one available on "most" systems which will let you create an AVI without having to download a "packet" of codecs and install one or more, but sometimes that becomes necessary depending again on your individual system.

We actually need to amend the "Frequently Asked Questions" section to include the specific differences between the Deluxe and Standard PTE editions. It is definitely "not" well presented. There "should" be a chart with bullets which plainly depicts the differences and I'll see if I can create one as soon as I can determine "precisely" the differences. What I do know is that to take full advantage of the video clip feature, you would be better served by having the Deluxe version. It has a converter which will convert video to the "best" quality for your presentation. Also I'm certain that to export automatically to Facebook and Youtube as well as to output to the i'Phone, iPad and to make HD videos for PC and MacIntosh you do need Video Builder. I don't "think" you need Video Builder to burn a DVD and I know you can create AVI's without it.

Perhaps someone more familiar with the "standard" version can correct me if I'm wrong...

Best regards,

Lin

I have 3 specific questions -- Do I need Deluxe to create a DVD that will play in a DVD player? If so, is that the only thing that I will need (besides burner, of course) to burn a DVD? If I do NOT have Deluxe, can I use the standard version to burn a DVD? And can it be burned within picts to exe --or is there another software that is needed? Thank you, Lin-- as you can see I am accustomed to animoto and this is different-- I did try to search on wnsoft.com but perhaps I am not looking in the right place but I'm not seeing alot of help--- This forum with the exception of one comment has been more helpful than anything -- thank you so much -- I appreciate your kindness :-)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

I think you are incorrect, you need the De-lux version to create a DVD within PTE, see SS.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Just to clarify my statement, I bought the De-lux version it has now expired, however if I used the last version of PTE before the expiry I think I may still be able to create a DVD, but like you say it needs further clarification. ;)

post-5560-0-49767600-1325802032_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

I know that if you had Video Builder and it expires, the version of PTE you were using will still work with the version of Video Builder you purchased it with. That is, Video Builder doesn't "quit working" when your upgrade expires.

The question is whether you need Video Builder with the latest versions of PTE to burn and create a DVD. I simply don't know. I do know that we need a Side By Side "chart" with bullets to identify the differences so that we know "exactly" what requires Video Builder and what can be done without it. It's anything but clear to me and I really have no way to test it without going into my registry and disabling my PTE key. I don't want to do that.

We need absolute clarification because this question has come up many times before and it won't go away. When it is confusing to those of use who are posting here every day for many years, imagine how confusing it is to new customers.....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I think you are incorrect, you need the De-lux version to create a DVD within PTE, see SS.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Just to clarify my statement, I bought the De-lux version it has now expired, however if I used the last version of PTE before the expiry I think I may still be able to create a DVD, but like you say it needs further clarification. ;)

We need absolute clarification because this question has come up many times before and it won't go away. When it is confusing to those of use who are posting here every day for many years, imagine how confusing it is to new customers.....

I cannot provide absolute clarification. As a user of the old standard edition, I can describe what I am able to do:

• All functions for designing PTE projects
  • Export of projects as EXE for PCs
  • Creation of videos using the AVI container (virtual AVIs using the PTE-Codec for trans-coding, any other codec that is installed on my system)
  • Creation of screen savers (I have never used this feature)

Export of MP4/H.264 videos, videos for iPad, creation of DVDs, executables for MAC, publication on YouTube and Facebook, they all are not possible (directly from PTE). In some cases there are workarounds which may not be to everyone's taste.

Regards,

Xaver

I cannot provide absolute clarification. As a user of the old standard edition, I can describe what I am able to do:

• All functions for designing PTE projects
  • Export of projects as EXE for PCs
  • Creation of videos using the AVI container (virtual AVIs using the PTE-Codec for trans-coding, any other codec that is installed on my system)
  • Creation of screen savers (I have never used this feature)

Export of MP4/H.264 videos, videos for iPad, creation of DVDs, executables for MAC, publication on YouTube and Facebook, they all are not possible (directly from PTE). In some cases there are workarounds which may not be to everyone's taste.

Regards,

Xaver

====================================================

Greetings,

Some time ago, Nobeefstu did this graphic on the differences. I hope this link works. Look for posting #10. This is just his mock-up that I think he proposed to clarify the distinctions but if you look closely, you can see the differences between the Deluxe and the Standard versions. Look for the "Requires Videobuilder Upgrade" in light text in the menu on the left.

http://www.picturest...h__1#entry81269

Gary

From PTE Version 7.0 onwards there is no such thing as Standard Edition for new users. There is just one version available to new customers - DeLuxe Edition. Therefore new customers will be confused only by the persistent references to a product that no longer exists by us "oldies".

For those who have been PTE users at versions prior to v7.0 there exists the possibility that they may have purchased Standard Edition and never upgraded to Deluxe Edition. For these users the functions that are available to them in Standard Edition are: Creation of a PC executable, Creation of a PC Screensaver, Creation of an AVI file. The AVI file can be burned to DVD but that requires the use of DVD burning software (e.g. Nero or Roxio and many others).

If an existing user of the Standard Edition then upgrades to the Deluxe Edition, the features that then come with the upgrade are: Creation of HD Video for PC or Mac, Creation of a DVD-Video disc, Creation of a video for use on iPad and iPhone devices, Creation of a video and then publish it on YouTube (requires a YouTube account), Creation of a video and then publish it on Facebook (requires a Facebook account), Creation of an executable for Mac.

regards,

Peter

Peter is quite correct.

From PTE Version 7.0 onwards there is no such thing as Standard Edition for new users. There is just one version available to new customers - DeLuxe Edition. Therefore new customers will be confused only by the persistent references to a product that no longer exists by us "oldies".

Please read Igor's post on the subject.

Licensing and Upgrades - WnSoft Forums