WnSoft Forums

PTE on TV issues

LumenLux

Now that we have a few weeks under our belts with the PTE-avi beta, I am wondering if some conclusions have been drawn on a few aspects. I know there are several, perhaps many, who have been successful. My questions -

(I think these apply equally to DVD and SVCD, correct me on that if I am wrong.)

If I want my entire photo to show on the TV (without losing edges of photo and max use of TV screen) -

1. What is the best photo dimension? 1024x768 ? 800x600?

2. Optimum PTE settings as to fit to screen, windowed mode or not, etc.

3. PTE setting to 80% of screen, or 90% etc.?

4. When the "perfect" combination is determined for the TV I am using, how much variation will there be on other TV's that recipients of the show may be using?

Well, I had the best results using 1024x768, fit to screen, not windowed mode, and 85% of screen. That worked for both SVCD and DVD. There is just a little bit of black showing around the edges when I use these settings. I tried using 90% but there was still quite a bit of cropping. On an LCD 50" tv played in normal mode the show worked perfect and the quality was real good. On my 52" rear projection big screen tv the right side of the picture always looks a little warped. I also tried it on a regular tv and the right side was just a tiny bit warped.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new 43 " plasma display and at time I am testing to find the best settings.

Fit to screen and 100 % of the screen crops the images at the right and left side.

If I create an avi for moviefactory, the finished DVD is often flickering (A friend of mine told me the same).

If I create a custom avi or an avi not for moviefactory and encode it with TMPGenc it looks very greate on TV.

But a question:

If I want to create a custum avi, the format will displayed 768 Width and 576 Hight.

But the PAL resolution is about 720 Width and 576 Hight. Why is here a difference?

And who can tell me, why the images are cropped in 100 % mode?

Greetings, Rainer