WnSoft Forums

lost cursor

moonman

I've never heard of anything like that before, which suggests to me that it will be something unique to your system, possibly not directly related to PTE. When did it start happening? What had you done just before that? What had you done between then and the last time it worked correctly? What, if any, recent changes have you made to software products, system-type settings and such like? What verion of PTE are you using (see Help...About PicturesToExe...)?

regards,

Peter

Hi guys thanks for response

it began on what was looking like a duff drive . So put image on new drive of windows and started again hence install new pte I have tried your ideas i opened the V6 pte with V7 and after a couple of tries it did it in that as well..... So its got a version of windows that is prior to any problems a different HD It does it in two versions of pte Now i think that Ver 6 could have a problem as i tried a pte made in Ver 7 and it did not do it [but there again it does not do it every time in any case ] I guess that as its new to you i shall have to keep attempting to isolate the thing my self .I will start by uninstall ver 6 reinstall and try that .Im working with V6 as i have not up date key for ver 7 but no matter for pte and exe.

Guest Yachtsman1

Long shot, I don't suppose it's something you've done in the advanced PTE settings? See screen shot. Have you tried system restore & go back to before the problem started?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-85692500-1328043248_thumb.jp

organmorgan,

By your comment "it began on what was looking like a duff drive" ... I assume you mean your Hard Drive was showing signs of failure. I can only guess its possible your recovery "image on new drive of windows" may still have some early signs of the issue.

If you have a much earlier drive recovery "image" ... try testing with it.

I would first begin by reinstalling the major system drivers :

-Direct X 9 Driver

-Video Driver

-If you are using special/specific Mouse Drivers ... reinstall them.

Hello all ypu helpful; guys

i may have solution crossed fingers as yet .I found the hard drive was on the middle socket of the ide cable. Now from what i found out this is not good as there is a stub hanging un terminated on the end . I have put drive as master on the end socket [ black plug ] and it has not failed since .Even if it does not solve this problem its a good thing to have done in any case, it must have been like that since PC was built and i kept all as was . i have a new question that i shall put as new topic. thanks J