WnSoft Forums

Concatenation Inconsistency

xahu34

When programming a large show, it is often useful to split it up into several chapters, and each chapter can be programmed as a separate project (if the soundtrack will allow it). A common presentation can be realized by concatenating the corresponding exe-files using the command "Run slideshow on exit". Here I made the observation that a slideshow that is called by another one sometimes starts a little bit too late. Images and soundtrack remain in synchronization, but the first slide's time can be slightly greater than specified. Is there someone who has made a similar experience?

Regards,

Xaver

Isn't that slightly longer first slide time simply the system getting the next EXE file loaded into memory and ready to start playing?

Peter,

There are situations where there seems to be a noticeable loading time, but it should not be the time for loading the second Exe file. If Show1 calls Show2 using the command "Run slideshow on exit", the second Exe file will not be started. It should be the player associated to Show1 which runs the data of Show2. So (in principle) the handover could be seamless.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

Thank you for the executable files!

On my PC with Windows 7 I see no difference between both versions.

I agree with Peter:

Isn't that slightly longer first slide time simply the system getting the next EXE file loaded into memory and ready to start playing?

It possible with "Run application" command.

The better variant is to use "Run slideshow on exit" instead of. I don't understand why it didn't work. Please check the correctness of file paths. The recommended solution is to put both parts into one folder (no any sub-folders) and point only filename in the "Run slideshow..." command: "Part2.exe".

I have good news for the problem that you touched at the beginning. We plan to introduce the solution to group slides of slideshows. That's all I can say right now.