WnSoft Forums

Replacement Object(Image) Name

JEB

Hi,

I'm sure that this must have been discussed before and an explanation given but I can't recall the outcome. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me?

You will be aware that when you add an object (image) to a slide container the name of that object is allocated to the slide container alongside the number of the slide container. However, if in the process of building a sequence you change the original object for an alternative, the slide container retains the original name. Why does it not take on the name of its replacement?

Furthermore if you wish to access the replacement image directly into an external editor the original object is opened. Most annoying! But I'm sure there is a logical explanation that completely eludes me.

Any explanation would be appreciated.

Regards

John

John,

What version of PTE are you using?

I'm working with v7.0.3. If I use the "Change Image File" icon to change a main image via the Slide List view, the names change as I would expect. If I go into the O&A view and use the Picture field of the Properties tab to select a different image for one of the image objects, the name of the object changes and if it was the Main Image object, then when I get back out to the Slide List, the name has changed there. I do not see any problem with this way of working in this version.

Perhaps you could give a step-by-step account of what exactly you do that doesn't work as you thought it should?

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Yes I agree that if an image is changed in the way you describe all is well.

However if while in O&A you delete the main, or even only, image and replace it with another using the insert image icon in O&A the slide name does not change. I find myself doing this quite frequently so it becomes a pain and eventually confusing if returning to an edit at some later date.

As far as I can tell there is no easy way of identifying the main image in a slide that has multiple images other than cross checking with the slide list. Or am I wrong again?

John

PS Using PTE 7.0 something?

Thanks Peter,

I think I have a better understanding now.

I can see that the image displayed in the slide holder is always the top image in the stack, which makes sense.

And that the image file name in the slide holder is the nominated main image (again this makes sense).

The confusion, if you don't understand this, arises when the top image in the stack is larger than and above the main image.

The slide holder suggests a conflict.

Thanks again,

John