WnSoft Forums

What's Happened to My Old Friend???

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

You know when you first buy a software package and eventually you get used to its little foibles and you grow to love it like a friend. Then someone comes along & changes it for no apparant reason. You get really peed off, well I do. That's how I feel about 7.04 at the moment. When I decided to go widescreen I thought I might as well go the whole hog & up-grade to 7.04. I've only been using it for a week or so & found three things that I used to rely on regularly when compiling a show my way. The first problem was with scrolling text juddering, now there is no mipmapping box to tick, I don't know if it's me the software or my hardware causing the problem. Next problem. the add slide button has disappeared, why, god only knows, it wasn't causing any problems as far as I know, just minding its own business down in the bottom right of the screen, now it's gone & I miss it & can't find another way of performing its function, other than dragging a poor slide into position. Finally, I'm in the middle of converting another show & trying to match the slides to my original (dare I say it?) Audacity voice over. So who's decided to remove the slide numbers in the list along the bottom of the screen. It's going to take twice as long to do what I've been doing for years, to do it in 7.04, come back 6.04. :(:(:(:(

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Mip-mapping is ON permanently in v7.

I've got slide numbers and names in my Slide List (Slides tab) and numbered flags in the Timeline view (just like all previous versions). Have you got View...Show captions in Slide List ticked?

I cannot comment on the Add Slide button as I do not know what that was. I never used it, whatever it was.

Peter

Hi Erik,

You don't need to drag a slide to add it. Before when you clicked on "Add Slide" it simply let you choose a slide from the tree and click on it. Now, as has always been the case, all you need to do to add a slide from the list is double click it. The Add Slide was simply a duplicate way to accomplish the same.

As with all Windows based software, you can "drag" the Windows so that your slide list thumbnails will be larger or smaller. If they are too small, you will loose information such as the slide number or name. It sounds like this may be your problem - or as Peter suggested??

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin & Peter, the missing slide number issue was resolved by Peter's suggestion, ticking the Show Captions in slide list. The mip mapping problem has not been resolved in the current issue, in previous issues, if one had a problem, ticking mipmapping usually resolved it. At present it's supposed to be there all the time but I don't believe in a sufficient amount. Peter, the add slide button, I remember well your instructions in the early days when I was adding slides to a piece of voice over & clicking the add slide button. I've just returned from the Southport AV group meeting where 6.5 & 7.0 were run, it was like hunt the thimble trying to sort the changes & wondering why.

Thanks both for the help, I suppose 1 out of 3 isn't bad :unsure:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

PS now I've allowed 7.4 to take over my PTE life I can't provide a screen shot of the missing button. :(

Eric,

You can adjust mipmapping option for the Text and Image objects in version 7.0. Choose an object, go to the Properties tab and adjust the "Sharper/smoother" parameter to solve text juddering for that particular case. I think setting "Sharper/smoother" to "0" will be enough.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Igor, it appears the default setting is "0"? I tried upping it to + 4 but the stutter still persists' it is very minor, but when the text is filling a 6ft screen, very noticable. I will up-load the show to Mediafire & let you have the link

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Erik,

You don't need to drag a slide to add it. Before when you clicked on "Add Slide" it simply let you choose a slide from the tree and click on it. Now, as has always been the case, all you need to do to add a slide from the list is double click it. The Add Slide was simply a duplicate way to accomplish the same.

As with all Windows based software, you can "drag" the Windows so that your slide list thumbnails will be larger or smaller. If they are too small, you will loose information such as the slide number or name. It sounds like this may be your problem - or as Peter suggested??

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Had an overnight think about what you had said & I still think removing the add/remove slide buttons was a retrograde step. Your suggestion won't work for multiple slide additions or removals, before it was removed I could highlight multiple slides, click the add slide button, or vice versa and that was it. highlighting multiple slides now & double clicking one of them only adds the first one :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

You can adjust mipmapping option for the Text and Image objects in version 7.0. Choose an object, go to the Properties tab and adjust the "Sharper/smoother" parameter to solve text juddering for that particular case. I think setting "Sharper/smoother" to "0" will be enough.

Hi Igor.

Went back to the show in question & upped the sharpening to +10, which appears to have improved the problem. I won't be able to confirm fully unil I use the show via a projector at our singalong in 2 weeks time. In the meantime if anyone else is interested I have uploaded the show to Mediafire, it consists of 20 song titles & lyrics on separate slides with the text scrolling upwards. It's a manual show, so you need to press the R/H arrow key to advance it. There are two music tracks one on the final song, & one on the closing slides.

Mechanics. 8MB Mediafire download, 46 slides, length, as long as you like. http://www.mediafire.com/?45gd7mzt2i4mdvi

Ken if you download it, don't damage yourself trying to do the actions to number 13 to the words :P

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

... I still think removing the add/remove slide buttons was a retrograde step ... highlighting multiple slides now & double clicking one of them only adds the first one :(

Highlight multiple images in the file list. Press "Enter" or "Return" on the keyboard :)

Highlight multiple images in the slide list. Press "Delete" on the keyboard :)

Life is hard!

Regards,

Xaver

...highlighting multiple slides now & double clicking one of them only adds the first one...

Eric,

In the File List panel, use Click, Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to make your selection (single slide, contiguous group of slides, non-contiguous collection of slides). As you select the final slide that you want, double-click it instead of single clicking it. Provided you keep the Shift or CTRL key pressed down, the double-click will copy them all in one go.

Peetr

Guest Yachtsman1

Highlight multiple images in the file list. Press "Enter" or "Return" on the keyboard :)

Highlight multiple images in the slide list. Press "Delete" on the keyboard :)

Life is hard!

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks Xaver, that is better, still not sure why they went walkabout. :blink:

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Thanks Xaver, that is better, still not sure why they went walkabout. :blink:

Eric

Yachtsman1.

They went walkabout to start cleanup of the main GUI ... which resulted in removing some buttons that were already duplicate actions performed by other means.

So you still have several ways to ADD/REMOVE single or multiple slides :

1) Drag/Drop

2) Keyboard

3) Right-Click menu option within the lists.

* Personally I dont like or use the new X button.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin & Peter, the missing slide number issue was resolved by Peter's suggestion, ticking the Show Captions in slide list. The mip mapping problem has not been resolved in the current issue, in previous issues, if one had a problem, ticking mipmapping usually resolved it. At present it's supposed to be there all the time but I don't believe in a sufficient amount. Peter, the add slide button, I remember well your instructions in the early days when I was adding slides to a piece of voice over & clicking the add slide button. I've just returned from the Southport AV group meeting where 6.5 & 7.0 were run, it was like hunt the thimble trying to sort the changes & wondering why.

Thanks both for the help, I suppose 1 out of 3 isn't bad :unsure:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

PS now I've allowed 7.4 to take over my PTE life I can't provide a screen shot of the missing button. :(

Peter

Remember it now???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-61487500-1330557737_thumb.jp