WnSoft Forums

Multiple pictures and Video on one Slide

tidwellc

I have about a 2-3 minute video that I have placed on a slide in PTE. There are many other slides with images or video included already in the PTE. The video has music included. What I wanted to add would be like embedding a slideshow with pictures appearing beside the video as it is playing for this 2-3 minute segment. Is this possible and how do I do that? I thought I could go to Customize slide and check - run external application. I was hoping it would attach the powerpoint, but that was not the case and I don't know how to convert it to an exe file. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Actually, it's fairly easy to do this but the explanation is a little convoluted.

What you do is you set the video as "Master" which keeps it playing for each slide which can then have pictures running on "separate slides" in the background (you add the video as "master" on each slide - just copy and paste your mask container). But since you want the pictures to run "beside the video" you may want to run the video "and" the pictures inside masks. Give me a few minutes and I'll make you a quick sample which you can then work from. Assuming you want the video to run it's full length, then your accompanying "slides" would be set up to give equal time to the video divided among the various slides. If the video ran for 3 minutes, and you had 12 slides, then each slide would be set for 15 seconds. So 3 minutes or 180 seconds for the video to run and it would "appear" unbroken on each of the 12 slides which would run for 15 seconds each. Then the "rest" of your slideshow would proceed as normal. Be sure to use either a fade or "quick, not transition" to prevent the entire page from being affected by the transition. As I said, I'll make you a quick sample and post a link to the exe and PTE files so you can see how to proceed.

O.K. - here's the sample. I didn't spend much time getting the masks equal or putting enough slides to finish the length of the video so it ends abruptly, but you can see how it's done. You don't actually "need" a mask for other than the video or really even the video but it's "convenient" because you can copy and paste without having to mess with setting the pan, zoom and so on for each independent slide.

The "easy way" to do it is to get the first slide absolutely correct for size, placement, etc., with or without a mask, then copy and paste that slide in the slide list as many times as you have slides. Then simply exchange the image in the "properties" tab for each slide with the one copied and pasted. Do this via little file icon in the upper right. Just click on your copied slide name in the objects list, then click on the file icon and navigate to and double click the slide to replace this "copied" slide with.

The "mask" isn't really necessary - I just used it for convenience. What is important it to make the video the master and link to it via the choices and then copy and paste after you have the size and position set. Likewise with the adjacent images you want to show on each slide while the video continues to play uninterrupted. Let me know if you get in trouble and I'll help you straighten it out.

http://www.lin-evans...lewithvideo.zip (exe sample)

http://www.lin-evans...ithvideopte.zip (pte file to look at)

Best regards,

Lin