WnSoft Forums

Reposition Timeline When Advancing in O&A

goddi

Greetings,

When you are advancing from image to image in O&A in the Slide View, the Slide List will highlight each slide as you advance AND reposition itself to keep it on the screen as you progress through the images. This is good.

However, when you do the same in the Timeline View, the Timeline does not move or reposition itself to keep the slide you are on to stay on the screen. When you stop advancing through the images using O&A, you have to go search (using the slider) for that slide you stopped on. It would be nice if the Timeline would reposition itself to keep the last image on the screen in the Timeline as you advance through the images using the O&A.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Greetings,

When you are advancing from image to image in O&A in the Slide View, the Slide List will highlight each slide as you advance AND reposition itself to keep it on the screen as you progress through the images. This is good.

However, when you do the same in the Timeline View, the Timeline does not move or reposition itself to keep the slide you are on to stay on the screen. When you stop advancing through the images using O&A, you have to go search (using the slider) for that slide you stopped on. It would be nice if the Timeline would reposition itself to keep the last image on the screen in the Timeline as you advance through the images using the O&A.

Gary

Gary

This is an old chestnut requested but not implemented at least two years ago.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Gary,

You've got me scratching my head. How do you advance from image to image in O&A in the "Slide View?" To my knowledge, there is no "Slide View" in the Objects and Animations screen. Do you mean when you are advancing from image to image in the Slide View rather than in Objects and Animations?

Best regards,

Lin

Greetings,

Gary

Gary

This is an old chestnut requested but not implemented at least two years ago.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

=====================

Eric,

It has been bugging me for a long time. I just figured out why it was doing what it was doing. I had not seen this suggestion posted. Guess I'm a bit slow.... I hope Igor gets it implemented.

Thanks.

Gary

Hi Gary,

You've got me scratching my head. How do you advance from image to image in O&A in the "Slide View?" To my knowledge, there is no "Slide View" in the Objects and Animations screen. Do you mean when you are advancing from image to image in the Slide View rather than in Objects and Animations?

Best regards,

Lin

========================

Lin,

I am in O&A in both Views. See my attached gifs. I probably didn't explain it clearly.

Gary

post-1794-0-40617300-1334095968_thumb.gi

post-1794-0-87428000-1334095989_thumb.gi

Hi Gary,

Your images show the O&A screen as an overlay on the Slide View. I'm totally confused as to what the issue is I'm afraid....

Best regards,

Lin

The O&A screen should look like this - there is no "slide list" on my system in the O&A screen....

snap162.jpg

Gary,

I now see what you are talking about by the attached images. However, since you have two windows open ... only the O&A window is active and the Slide List main window is inactive. PTE will update the Slide List main window once you close the O&A window. Both windows cannot be updated at the same time due to both windows are not active at the same time.

* Its a windows thing.

Gary,

I now see what you are talking about by the attached images. However, since you have two windows open ... only the O&A window is active and the Slide List main window is inactive. PTE will update the Slide List main window once you close the O&A window. Both windows cannot be updated at the same time due to both windows are not active at the same time.

* Its a windows thing.

==========================

Nobeefstu,

When I was fooling with this before, I could swear that as I advanced through the slides in the O&A, the highlighted slide in the Slide List moved to the next slide as I advanced the slides in the O&A. Now I see that it does not. You are right. Who knows what I was looking at.

However, here is my main point. Notice that once you close the O&A window, when in the Slide View, the last slide you were seeing in O&A is highlighted in the Slide View window. If you started viewing, say, slide #20 and advance to, say, slide #80. the Slide List will snap to show slide #80 in the Slide List window.

This does not happen when you do this in the Timeline View. If you start out in the Timeline View and then open O&A, say, at slide #20 and then, in O&A, advance to, say, slide #80, the Timeline just stays where it was and does not shift to show slide #80 in the Timeline window. Then you have to cursor over to find the location of slide #80. It would be nice if the Timeline View worked the same as the Slide View, in this respect.

Hope this is clearer.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Your images show the O&A screen as an overlay on the Slide View. I'm totally confused as to what the issue is I'm afraid....

Best regards,

Lin

=========================

Lin,

If I understand your attachment, I think all you have to do is to reduce the size of the O&A window and you will see the Slide View beneath it. At least, that is what I do.

Gary

Hi Gary,

You're confusing apples and oranges. What you are looking at are two separate programs - one is Objects and Animations and the other is the Slide View. Even though you can "see" both of them if you play with a windowed view, they are not related by program. They are entirely separate entities.

What you are seeing on your screen are entirely different code segments which are not connected. This can be done with numerous programs, but like PTE, you can't have separate windows running and expect one to affect the other - as Stu said, the program isn't written that way.

It's as if you had PTE and Microsoft Word both visible simultaneously, but changing something in one has nothing to do with the other. There is no slide view in Objects and Animations.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Gary,

You're confusing apples and oranges. What you are looking at are two separate programs - one is Objects and Animations and the other is the Slide View. Even though you can "see" both of them if you play with a windowed view, they are not related by program. They are entirely separate entities.

What you are seeing on your screen are entirely different code segments which are not connected. This can be done with numerous programs, but like PTE, you can't have separate windows running and expect one to affect the other - as Stu said, the program isn't written that way.

It's as if you has PTE and Microsoft Word both visible simultaneously, but changing something in one has nothing to do with the other. There is no slide view in Objects and Animations.

Best regards,

Lin

============================

Lin,

I understand what you are saying. But... read my #8 posting above, if you haven't yet. I think that should better explain my suggestion. If not, I will try another explanation.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Gary

After re-reading your post, I think I jumped to the conclusion you were talking about an old problem that hadn't been fixed? However now I've had more time to look at what you said, I thought you were referring to when a slide in the normal view is highlighted, and you switch to timeline view and hight light a different slide then switch back, the new slide wasn't highlighted. I have just tested it and there is no problem highlighting a slide in either view and switch & the same slide is highlighted, so the anomoly must have been fixed. Don't know when because I have only been using the current version a couple of months.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :blink:

This does not happen when you do this in the Timeline View. If you start out in the Timeline View and then open O&A, say, at slide #20 and then, in O&A, advance to, say, slide #80, the Timeline just stays where it was and does not shift to show slide #80 in the Timeline window. Then you have to cursor over to find the location of slide #80. It would be nice if the Timeline View worked the same as the Slide View, in this respect.

Gary,

The slide displayed in the mini-viewer area of the Timeline view DOES reflect the last one you looked at in O&A. What doesn't happen is the timeline itself isn't scrolled horizontally to put that slide's "flag" visible within the Timeline view. Since PTE can re-position the scroll of the Slide List in the Slides View, I think it should be able to re-position the scroll of the Timeline in the Timeline View.

I'll drop Igor an e-mail asking him to take a look at this.

Peter

Peter, Gary

I think it should be able to re-position the scroll of the Timeline in the Timeline View.

Yes I aggree. It appears not to update the scroll postion view of the Timeline no matter what scroll option is used. However, currently PTE will update the Timeline/scroll position view if the user manually toggles the Slides/Timeline tabs.

Gary,

The slide displayed in the mini-viewer area of the Timeline view DOES reflect the last one you looked at in O&A. What doesn't happen is the timeline itself isn't scrolled horizontally to put that slide's "flag" visible within the Timeline view. Since PTE can re-position the scroll of the Slide List in the Slides View, I think it should be able to re-position the scroll of the Timeline in the Timeline View.

I'll drop Igor an e-mail asking him to take a look at this.

Peter

=====================

Greetings Peter and Nobeefstu,

Thanks for restating what I was trying to say. I knew what I wanted to express but I think my words failed me. How you put it is exactly what I meant.

Super thanks, Gary

Gary,

Thanks, I understood the problem!

I think it can be solved easily in the nearest update 7.0.6. I planned this update for current month.

The timeline will adjust scrollbar position to show selected slide visible on the screen.

Gary,

I think it can be solved easily in the nearest update 7.0.6. I planned this update for current month.

The timeline will adjust scrollbar position to show selected slide visible on the screen.

===================

Igor,

Thanks. It is nice to get a quick response from you. It took me a while to get my idea across but I think it will be a little improvement.

Gary

Igor,

I've just downloaded and installed this beta version. I noticed some behaviour associated with the actual download and install that I'd never seen before. I use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and, after the file had been downloaded using Firefox browser, there was a longer than usual period of time taken up by "scanning for viruses" in the Firefox download window - perhaps 10 seconds rather than just the one or two seconds that I have become used to. Then, when I double-clicked the downloaded file in order to run the installation I got the Windows "spinning doughnut" for over a minute. There was time to launch Task manager, ask it to show all processes and to see that a process called MsMpEng was running. This was described as being associated with Anti-MalWare (I suspect it is part of MSE). Eventually I got into the installation, but when it got to the point where it is unpacking the code from your distributable file, MsMpEng became active again - taking about 10 seconds to check the module picturestoexe.exe.

Have you changed the way you package the code? I am just a little concerned that, if Microsoft have tightened up on something, those of us who use MSE could find ourselves hitting problems at install time. At the very least, it seems we're going to suffer longer delays than we are used to while MSE does its thing.

Sorry, it's a temporal problem. This download contains an old expired digital certificate.

Now we're obtaining the new certificate. This process took more time than I planned.

The final version 7.0.6 will be published with the new digital certificate.

Gary,

=============================

Igor, I tried the 7.0.6. Perfect. You fixed the problem.

Thanks very much!

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the confirmation!

This v7.0.6 beta also has the following changes:

* Fixed problem in video output (HD video, for YouTube/Facebook, for iPad and iPhone). Earlier created video file was empty (zero size) on some PCs.

* Fixed problem with uploading to YouTube with some accounts.