WnSoft Forums

Need help IMPORTING video into PTE

mhwarner

Although I expect Ken will probably move this since he doesn't understand or chooses to ignore the difference between importing video clips and outputting video movies of various sorts, my question is related to getting video clips into PTE.

I have about 40 short AVCHD clips from a Panasonic TS3 that I took on a Grand Canyon rafting trip. The file extension is MTS. PTE doesn't seem to be able to read them. They are pixelated and have strange looking gray blobs when viewed. Using the video converter doesn't seem to help. Yet I have several other AVCHD clips from a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 that seem to work fine. The software which came with the camera allows me to convert them to MPeg2, but that sort of defeats the purpose of capturing HD.

Assuming it is just a problem with PTE not supporting the file type (why does it support one and not the other), I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a free or relatively low cost coversion or video editing program that would allow me to get these clips into a format which PTE actually understands.

I am attaching a very small clip (actually one I plan to trash)in the hopes that one of you video experts might have a suggestion for converting it to something useable00028.zip. Thanks in advance.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi For what it's worth, I tried the clip raw & it opened in WMP, only problem dodgy sound & OOF background. I then imported it into PTE raw, pixellated badly. deleted it and imported into PTE again used PTE optimization, played again, no pixellation but not correct, re-played & it looked better, almost as the original in WMP. :blink:

Yachtsman1.

Mary

I downloaded your short clip and I found it was imported into PTE without any issues at all. PTE asked if I wanted to optimize the clip as usual and it ran perfectly OK in a full screen preview.

I am using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine

Although I expect Ken will probably move this since he doesn't understand or chooses to ignore the difference between importing video clips and outputting video movies of various sorts, my question is related to getting video clips into PTE.

:):) :)

Regards,

Xaver

Assuming it is just a problem with PTE not supporting the file type (why does it support one and not the other), I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a free or relatively low cost coversion or video editing program that would allow me to get these clips into a format which PTE actually understands.

I am attaching a very small clip (actually one I plan to trash)in the hopes that one of you video experts might have a suggestion for converting it to something useable 00028.zip. Thanks in advance.

Just for recoding videos, I would recommend XMedia Recode (http://www.xmedia-recode.de/). See also here.

On my rather old system (Win XP) the MTS video works within PTE (PTE suggests to convert it) but only very jerky. I made a conversion with XMedia Recode (Format: MP4, Codec: Xvid) while reducing the size to 720x408, and it runs fine in PTE.

Regards,

Xaver

Mary,

* Ran your 00028-Clip through my Analyzer ~ Your Camera-Software converted the (Sony)AVCHD into Mpeg2-Mine.mt2 extension.

* It plays in Windows-Media Play but not good as there was considerable Camera-shake etc.

* I converted it to a proper WMP-Avi (I always suggest that these are converted to AVI) for further usage.

I enclose the following:-

* Original 1920x1080 Screen-shot from the Clip.(Quality-check)

* Reworked 1280x720 Screen-shot with Color correction.

* Analyzer Data.

* New WMP/Avi-Clip(Zip)Plays with WMP ~Download it then play it.

* Converter Data.

I would suggest that you download those AVCHD-Clips directly to your Desktop and convert to AVI for PTE.

Hope this helps..

Brian.(Conflow)

I am attaching a very small clip (actually one I plan to trash)in the hopes that one of you video experts might have a suggestion for converting it to something useable00028.zip. Thanks in advance.

======================

Mary,

Not sure if this helps, but I put together an exe with several versions of your clip. It is attached.

One of my programs I use to convert video files is Freemake Video Converter ( I also use Video Pad). The attached exe shows your Original file; then your Original converted to AVI by PTE; then used Freemake to convert the Original to MP4; then used Freemake to convert the Original to AVI.

You will have to judge yourself if there is any improvement, but I think all the converted clips are a little bit better than the Original. But I think you need a clip with less movement to really see if there is any improvement. But my PTE played your Original.

Gary

Project1.zip

Hi complete newby with PTE but trying hard to conquer it, I have just added a video clip (no problem) but i need to add text, can I get text to scroll or enter from left to right? I am using version 7, hope you can help and I have posted this in the right forum?

... can I get text to scroll or enter from left to right ...

Look into the manual, p. 40 (How to create a pan effect). There you can learn how to move images. But: You can do the same with text objects!

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Not sure if you mean add text to the video clip? however there are lots of text topics on the forum, just search scrolling text. One I contributed to is here

Just look for my picture on the post.

Regards

Yachtsman1.