WnSoft Forums

Burning a DVD

vistales

I use P2E to make slideshows that are accompanied with music that I massage in Audacity. I make them to be played on my TV. My questions arise on the last stage of Wnsoft Video Burner 7. Not being a computer person, I would like to know If I should "Create a MPEG2 files", "DVD folders" and "Create a ISO image _ which?. I would also like to know why each time that I burn a DVD, of the same show, using the same type of DVD disk I am "offered" different Speeds (Burn Rates? and which is best?). Any help will beappreciated.

Scotia.

I always advise that you should Create an ISO Image and wherever you save it just be sure that you can find it.

Don't save to C drive if you have another alternative. Internal HDDs are the best option.

Then use your DVD Burning Software to complete the DVD. Double clicking on the ISO "should" bring up the correct burning module.

Allow the burning speed to be decided automatically.

If you TV is relatively new it should have a USB port which would allow for making an MPEG4 file instead of a DVD - MUCH, MUCH better option.

DG

Scotia,

I would like to know If I should "Create a MPEG2 files", "DVD folders" and "Create a ISO image _ which?.

You need only select the checkbox Burn DVD Disc to make a normal DVD for TV. The other checkbox options give you the advantage to save/use those output files for other needs and purposes you may want to do with the video.

I would also like to know why each time that I burn a DVD, of the same show, using the same type of DVD disk I am "offered" different Speeds (Burn Rates? and which is best?).

The different "offered" burn speeds are usually a result of the program detecting the disc type and its capable speed specs. A empty DVD tray will normally show the DVD burners standard/default speeds.

I usually select a burn speed thats half or less than that of the disc rated/capable speed. Slower DVD burning speeds provide better reflective quality and lessen possible disc errors than fast burn speeds. Desktop units can generally manitain a constant/faster burn speed than that of a Laptop because of its additional hardware capabilities and faster proceessing. However, all of this is relative to the users own equipment/hardware capabilities.

* I also perfer to use the ISO file method like Dave has mentioned. I generally create the ISO file with Additional Files and Folders to Disc option which I include a EXE, MAC/ZIP, and MP4 files which provides a user other playback possibilities.