WnSoft Forums

Occasional Glitches in Video Clips

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

The three Salford Quays shows I have posted last week all have video clips, the last one IWM & Lowry plays fine in PTE 100% of the time. Salford Quays, the river cruiser & Media City refuse collector have glitches some of the time, especially on a first run through. The show last week All the fun of the fair played fine on my PC but glitched when downloaded by others. Tried them all on my LT this afternoon & all had similar problems. Up dated the graphic card drivers on both machines & tried the DT again. The river cruiser glitched on the first run through, but won't repeat now. The original was recorded at 1920x1024 & converted in PTE. All were taken using the Panasonic FZ150. All play perfectly 100% of the time in WMP. Anyone any idea what is going on. One of the PTE converted clips below. (Later) Or I thought I was until I got this error message. :blink: See screen shot. The video clip was only 17.7MB, max size is supposed to be 64MB :unsure::unsure::blink:

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-89506600-1336947055_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

I usually shoot 720 MP4 on the FZ150. The PTE video converter should be able to convert the FZ150 h.264 .MTS files in my limited testing. The only problem I noticed on your fade to video is slight hesitation right at the end of the fade. My guess is long (> 2 seconds) fade transitions to a video slide is harder for PTE than a static image to another static image. PTE does not use DXVA video hardware acceleration.

I think the reason you can not upload a video is that only certain mime types (images, .exe/.zip) are allowed by the forum software. I tried one time months ago and it did not work either. I think if you renamed the file to .zip or something then it could be renamed back to .mp4 after downloading (see test colorbars below). Usually it's easier to post a download link to mediafire/dropbox/gdrive.

test.zip

Tom

Hi Tom

I thought there would be more reaction/comments to my post? You mention 720 MP4? did you mean 1280x720 MP4? which is what I am using since the second Salford Quays show, the only other video record setting I can find is 1920x1080 & 640x480 which it calls VGA. I have just gone back into the "All the Fun" show which was recorded at 1920x1080 & reset the slide before, the video slide & the slide after to "quick no transition" in the "customise slide" tab & although the transition looks rubbish, there is no video stutter/glitch. So, reading between the lines, does this mean PTE can't handle how I've done my show? I've just made an exe of the revised settings & will try it on my LT & report back. Thanks for responding at this early hour, I'm losing sleep over this.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I have made the test on the All the Fun show on my LT with the transitions removed & it is better, other than the transition jumps. So then on the 1st Salford quays show with the river cruiser video, which was recorded at 1920x1080, tried it with the transitions removed, no glitches on the video only duff transitions. Then I put the transitions back in set the off-set on the video clips to 2 seconds as Toms Seagull suggestions & the glitches have gone, still dodgy transitions but probably the best result. I'll give it 24 hours in case anyone else has anything to say on the matter, if not I will convert the 3 Salford Quay shows & the All the Fun show to the parameters suggested by Tom. However, it looks to me that there is a BUG causing this anomoly, what does Peter think???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :ph34r:

Eric

at one point,without saying it was a fix, the monthly ms update smoothed out the fair show on my new machine -- why ? when the update had nothing to do with the ati graphics card -- it has 1 gb ram board and 16 gb ram on the mob-- the xp sp3 system only has 256 ram on card and has a problem with all

the toshiba LT win 7 system with 500

mb on the ati has run all shows smooth without hesitation

yesterday, i had a popup telling to update the ati card on the new system - i did so and the big system runs them ok now

to aid in the future, please initiate the video slider that can be set to disappear as Tom set me wise to last year -- then we can give you exact time where problems appear.

we can only hope that your pictures / video/music are all the same quality/size in the whole collection -- when experimenting you must remain constant to get valid results

the fair show -- the first boat rocking in the background is still iffie, the boat rocking is smooth - the lady looking out the window is smooth

the cruise boat is smooth

the geese are life like

the janitor is life like

i have a program that i got many moons ago that shows me cpu use -- when shows are over and screen clears it shows no adverse rdg. -- it is not instantaneous

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

Just back from the quacks, before we went I re-did the "All the Fun" show as that was the first one with the Panasonic. I have removed the 1920 x 1080 x AVCHD clips, removed the burst shots which were confusing the issue as people thought it was dodgy video. I then downloaded a great free video converter called "Any Video Converter". I then ran the 3 original clips through the converter & made them 1280x720 MP4 clips. I re added them to the show allowing PTE to optimise them, and added a 2 second off set in O&A to each clip with a 2 sec' transition. So now taking into allowance the still shot at the beginning of the clips, I can accept them, & I get the same result on the LT which was concerning me as I use it solely for public shows. I will add the new version to Mediafire & let you have the link. I will also run MS updates on both machines. To sum up all this & from Tom's comments it would appear the PTE can't handle full HD video from the Panasonic FZ150. Going back in the past, a Panasonic analogue camcorder I had, used to be able to produce fades in & out which made it a doddle when editing video tape.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :blink: