WnSoft Forums

Lost/changed music

ClassicShots

Folks,

Hoping someone can help me. I have made a AV using PTE. Adding music to tracks (8 types of music in track 1) I was able to see and hear the music and slides as designed,using the play button in edit/view area on the top RHS of the screen. However when I view the whole AVI from the start (11 minutes) towards the end my last two pieces of music/sound seem to change. One lasts only for a few seconds, goes quiet for a second and starts up again. My last piece of music does not get heard. I have used exe 6.5 and 7, and have created the project as a EXE file and played it in windows media player - same problem. I know I have set it up correctly as I can see and hear what I want in the edit area as I am building it. I press OK when I have made changes to the music. Any thoughts? are there differences in the edit area to the "preview" option? are there maximum sounds/music you can add?

Regards

Brian

Folks,

Hoping someone can help me. I have made a AV using PTE. Adding music to tracks (8 types of music in track 1) I was able to see and hear the music and slides as designed,using the play button in edit/view area on the top RHS of the screen. However when I view the whole AVI from the start (11 minutes) towards the end my last two pieces of music/sound seem to change. One lasts only for a few seconds, goes quiet for a second and starts up again. My last piece of music does not get heard. I have used exe 6.5 and 7, and have created the project as a EXE file and played it in windows media player - same problem. I know I have set it up correctly as I can see and hear what I want in the edit area as I am building it. I press OK when I have made changes to the music. Any thoughts? are there differences in the edit area to the "preview" option? are there maximum sounds/music you can add?

Regards

Brian

All worked out....I wish I knew how to delete this comment?....not so easy.

Guest Yachtsman1

Folks,

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian

I'm not completely conversant with PTE's musical manipulation, I use Audacity at present to assemble my tracks then add to PTE. One question, where did you add the separate tracks via Project Options or Customise Slide.

Yachtsman1.

I'm not completely conversant with PTE's musical manipulation, I use Audacity at present to assemble my tracks then add to PTE. One question, where did you add the separate tracks via Project Options or Customise Slide.

In the current version (v7.0.6) there is no longer any option to add music via Customize Slide. The option now is to "Add Sound or Voice" using the icon/button on the upper toolbar.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

In the current version (v7.0.6) there is no longer any option to add music via Customize Slide. The option now is to "Add Sound or Voice" using the icon/button on the upper toolbar.

Peter

Don't see that as a change here?

List of changes:

* Fixed problem with jerky playback of video clips on created DVD disc. On fast PCs this problem could appear also with HD output.

* Fixed problem in video output (HD video, for YouTube/Facebook, for iPad and iPhone). Earlier created video file was empty (zero size) on some PCs.

* Fixed problem with uploading to YouTube with some accounts.

* Fixed bug in the timeline. Now the program adjusts the scrollbar position to keep visible current slide after work with several slides in the Objects & animation editor and Customize slide window.

* Fixed problem with playback of WAV audio files in executable shows for Mac.

* Fixed bug with incorrect work of "Go to slide..." command in shows for Mac.

Igor Kokarev, WnSoft Ltd. - wnsoft.com , Write a letter

I'm using 5, see screen shot???

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-35584600-1341046921_thumb.jp

Peter

This mystified me too at first, until it was explained that in PTE version 7, the Music tab will be visible in the Customize Slide dialog only if you have "Synchronize music and slides" un-ticked in Project Options.

I do not understand why it has to be thus ... perhaps if Igor has time, he might explain.

Ken T.

Ken,

I suspect the point you raise may become academic after the release of v7.5 (beta programme starts in about 30-35 days according to Igor). He has already hinted that there will be significant changes to the audio interface/timeline.

Peter