WnSoft Forums

BORDERS

davegee

At Igor's suggestion:

How do you percieve the way that the BORDERS command in "Adjust Image and Border" should work?

I have always thought that it should operate in the same way as Photoshop etc in that a fixed width border should be created on top of the image and not alter the original image in any way (other than to hide a few pixels at the edges).

The way it works in PTE is that it creates the border at the desired pixel width outside of the image and then fits the image and its border to the height of the project. The original image is, effectively, scaled or interpolated downwards.

The effect of this is that it changes the Aspect Ratio of the composite (image + border) producing background-coloured lines at left and right.

The present system is acceptable for images which do not fill the (project) screen but for full screen (project-sized) images is un-useable.

DG

Dave,

For the size of borders that I use (1 or 2 pixels) the problems that you describe don't intrude visually in the finished sequence - against a black background colour. However, at larger border sizes (10 pixels and upwards), the problem does manifest itself and is, indeed, visually intrusive.

If PTE is going to offer only one approach to borders then I agree with you, it should be a border that replaces pixels WITHIN the existing image area, thus preserving the intended aspect ratio.

Perhaps, if the software libraries used by the developers permit it, we could have both options: border outside (as now) and border inside.

regards,

Peter