WnSoft Forums

Add Sound Comment-Not Working

goddi

Greetings,

There were recent postings concerning the Add Sound Comment not working. I read then but it seems that my problem might be a bit different.

I have a video that I have added to the slideshow. I removed the sound from this video, using an external program. I then added a short mp3 sound file to this video.

The problem is that the Added Sound Comment mp3 plays only when I play the video in the Miniplayer and only if I start playing the slideshow from this video in the Miniiplayer. If I play the video in Preview, the Added Sound Comment mp3 does not play.

More specifics: The video is 13 seconds. The Added Sound Comment mp3 is 5.72 seconds. The Offset for the Added Sound Comment is 6 seconds. I have checked the 'Do Not Interrupt Sound Comment...'

I don't have KFSL checked.

Any ideas???

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm a little confused... Did you remove the sound and then add the MP3 to the video with the external software, or did you just remove the sound, place the video without sound in PTE and put the MP3 in as an audio? I assume that you did not add the sound via the 3rd party software to the video itself?

The question then becomes why you added the sound via the sound comment instead of putting it in as an audio track? Not that there is anything inherently wrong with putting the sound in as a comment - it just seems that the most straight-forward way would to have been to add it as an audio track and use the envelope, offset, etc., to control it...

I don't see the need for checking "do not interrupt sound comment" but the important thing is that you have the slide length set to at least the length of the video....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Gary,

I'm a little confused... Did you remove the sound and then add the MP3 to the video with the external software, or did you just remove the sound, place the video without sound in PTE and put the MP3 in as an audio? I assume that you did not add the sound via the 3rd party software to the video itself?

The question then becomes why you added the sound via the sound comment instead of putting it in as an audio track? Not that there is anything inherently wrong with putting the sound in as a comment - it just seems that the most straight-forward way would to have been to add it as an audio track and use the envelope, offset, etc., to control it...

I don't see the need for checking "do not interrupt sound comment" but the important thing is that you have the slide length set to at least the length of the video....

Best regards,

Lin

=======================

Greetings Lin,

What I did was remove the entire sound track from the video clip using Freemake Video Converter. Then I put this 13 second video clip in the Slide List. I then recorded a 5.72 second audio portion of the original video with All Sound Recorder Vista. I pulled that short audio section into Audacity to fade-in the beginning and fade-out the end sections. In the 'Add Sound...', I used an 'Offset' of 6 seconds to push it toward the end of the 13 second video. Since in the past I have added short 'sound effects' using the 'Add Sound...' function, and it has always worked.

I checked the 'Do Not Interrupt...' just in case the added sound bled over to the next slide.

I did not think of your suggestion. I just tried it and it looks like it is working. I put the 5.72 second MP3 in a 'Track 2' with an Offset of 1:05 minutes that put it just about in the same location as I had originally it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am wondering why the 'Add Sound...' did not work. Never had a problem in the past. I like it because it is a bit easier to locate exactly which slide it should be applied to and you can still make adjustments to its Properties.

Thanks... Gary