WnSoft Forums

Can some one please help

john gabriel

Hi guys.

Have been working on a slide show for the last 2 weeks. taken me for ever as I am trying learn the software as i go. Was really happy with the Playback review ( small window display on right) But When I preview it full screen with the preview icon ( bottom left ) the sound and images are out of sync. I am using pte ver 7 delux. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong. when i publish as a Exe. File it still comes out wrong. But like i said in the small preview window that i use for editing audio and images are perfectly in sync. Do I have some vital settings or configuration wrong somewhere ( i guess I must have.)

Any help at all would be so much appreciated .

Cheers

John

Hi John,

First point to understand is that the "Preview" button builds a temporary EXE file and then plays it. So, if your sequence isn't right in Preview it will not be right as an EXE either. So you can save yourself the effort of creating that EXE until the sequence does play correctly when Preview is used.

Which exact version of v7.0 are you using (Help > About PicturesToExe). Since v7.0.0 was released there have been seven "bug fix" releases. If you are not using v7.0.7 then I would recommend going back to the WnSoft website and downloading the latest release from there. If we know you are on the latest release we know you have all possible bug fixes applied.

Next, how did you add your audio? Was it only through Project Options | Music or did you add some through "Add Sound" off the top toolbar?

Bearing in mind that we can neither see nor hear your system, in what way are the images and sound not in sync? Images always lag the sound by a fixed amount? Images always lead the sound? Images drift in and out of sync? To what exactly are you trying to sync the images? To the beat/rhythm of the music? To specific chords? to specific words in the lyrics?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks very much for you reply, I have since fixed the problem. i had left the auto spread slides along music box checked as well as the synchronize music and slide check box ticked. So AS I had manually synced the beat of the music to the slide. the pte's auto sync function was working against my manual input , hope you can understand as I don't think i have explained it very well. Anyway, I find this an awesome program, of which I have barely scratched the surface of when it comes to doing great things. However i will keep chipping away best I can, and maybe one day I'll be good enough to help someone new, as you have.

Today.

Thanks again

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have just purchased the latest version and have been using it one week and still learning.

I have had a similar problem. The av works ok in the small window on the top right When I preview it in full screen, it doesnt play smoothly. I am still a beginner so bear with me. I would think that it has to do with the relationship between the length of slide and the transision. My latest attempt which is not running smoothly, the slides are 5 secs and the transisions are on average 1.5 secs.

In the test piece I made earlier I timed the slide 6 secs and the transision a little more than that. I didnt think that would make sense but it runs smoothly on preview in full screen.

I know that this is a pretty basic request. I havent received the DVD to go with the software yet so I have been playing it by ear until I do.

regards Steph

Steph,

Try making your SLIDE TIME 8 seconds and your Transition Time 2 seconds.

You can do this in Project Options > Main > Slide Duration for new slides. (Click on Set For Existing Slides).

In Project Options > Effects > Set the Effect Duration to 2 Seconds. (Click on Set for Existing Slides).

These instructions are for Version 7.0.7 which is what you should be using as a newcomer to the software.

If you are still in difficulties and have to come back please say which version and then give details of your project and the resolution of your images?

DG

Steph,

you may provide us with some more information, e.g. about your computer, about the resolution of the images in your show.

Regards,

Xaver

Hello Xaver.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 Intel ®, Pentium ® 4 CPU 2 80GHz. 2.79GHz 150GB of RAM.

Thank you for replying, I think that, as I have only had this software for less than 2 weeks, that I should hold fire a bit and take my time in learning the basics before launching into something straight away.

I have arranged for a friend who has been using PTE for some time, to come and look at my project and hopefully iron out the problem. thanks and regards Steph

Steph,

Try making your SLIDE TIME 8 seconds and your Transition Time 2 seconds.

You can do this in Project Options > Main > Slide Duration for new slides. (Click on Set For Existing Slides).

In Project Options > Effects > Set the Effect Duration to 2 Seconds. (Click on Set for Existing Slides).

These instructions are for Version 7.0.7 which is what you should be using as a newcomer to the software.

If you are still in difficulties and have to come back please say which version and then give details of your project and the resolution of your images?

DG

Hello DG, thank you for replying. I will try this. As I wrote to Xaver, I am getting some help with troubleshooting. I will certainly take your advice and try again.

Thanks again and regards Steph