WnSoft Forums

Need help, 1st post, up dating issue

JerryA

Hi all, hoping to get some help. We purchase V6.5 deluxe and, due to the time frame in which the purchase was made, we received an email advising us about V7. and that those whose prior purchase fell within certain date of purchase, could upgrade at no cost.

I submitted my request, and was happily running V7. Yesterday after seeing the numerous "Fixes" in V7.7 I decided to update, low and behold my original key won't work and it seems V7.7 has over wrote the V7. that was working. I thought the update would find the key code from my existing copy and simply install the fixes.

My problem is, although I saved the original V6.5 that was purchased and the key code, I can't see how I got V7. and now all my prior shows are being label with some text saying, Made with Evaluation copy or something similar.

I submitted a ticket, but I don't think they quite understood the issue. I'm afraid to uninstall and try reinstalling everything and make things worse ( I only seem to have the original V6.5 files )

Would restoring to a Restore Point solve this issue?

Would unistalling and reinstalling V7. work ( in the Previous release Section, V7. isn't listed, I guess because it's the current release )

I'm hoping for a way out of this, I have an important slideshow to make for my wife's father's funeral this Saturday and now I have screwed up my functioning V7. program.

Thanks for any insights.

Presumably you still have the original e-mail with the key or the key somewhere on your hard drive?

You can download 6.5 here:

http://www.wnsoft.com/archives/

and start again. The installations of V7.0.7 and V7.5 Beta 7 SHOULD instal in a different folder and not interfere with your previous versions. Look in Program files and you should see a number of different PTE folders.

V7 and V7.5 might need new licenses but 6.5 should continue to work?

DG

Presumably you still have the original e-mail with the key or the key somewhere on your hard drive?

You can download 6.5 here:

http://www.wnsoft.com/archives/

and start again. The installations of V7.0.7 and V7.5 Beta 7 SHOULD instal in a different folder and not interfere with your previous versions. Look in Program files and you should see a number of different PTE folders.

V7 and V7.5 might need new licenses but 6.5 should continue to work?

DG

Thanks Dave, just checked and there are two V6.5 and V7, oddly enough, I'm getting the same request from V6.5 and it's not excepting the key code either. Yes, still have the original email and program download, but thanks for the links. I just can't remember how I took advantage of the upgrade to V7. as I'm pretty careful to save and backup stuff.

Hopefully, support will have a quick resolution

I am following the original email instructions to the letter, but am wondering if the > points are making a difference?

Thanks Dave, just checked and there are two V6.5 and V7, oddly enough, I'm getting the same request from V6.5 and it's not excepting the key code either. Yes, still have the original email and program download, but thanks for the links. I just can't remember how I took advantage of the upgrade to V7. as I'm pretty careful to save and backup stuff.

Hopefully, support will have a quick resolution

I am following the original email instructions to the letter, but am wondering if the > points are making a difference?

Hurreeeeeh, I just removed the > symbols from the Key Code text and hit activate and all seems to be GREAT!!!!

V7.07 working and showing no Evaluation message in my past Shows, the About screen shows fully functioning copy, I/m soooooooo relieved, Was dreading doing the slideshow in Corel and relearning another program on such short notice.

I love this program and only scratched the surface with it and will be picking the brains of the more experienced members in the coming while. Thanks again

Hopefully this little glitch will perhaps help someone as well, No mention of deleting the > was in the email, so not sure what I did when I first installed it all.

Anywho, thanks