WnSoft Forums

Any way to fit SELECTED slides only to soundrack v 7.5

philm5d

The reason is I want to fix the timing of the first slide only. Then I need the rest of the slides to fit the remaining soundtrack exactly. At the moment "fit slides to soundtrack" results in all slides having the same timing. If I then alter the first slide timing manually it throws out the last slide/end of music timing at the end. Thank you.

After manually adjusting first slide, arrange the last slide to end with the music.

Click on last slide, shift click on second slide and use "Arrange Selected Slides".

DG

Sorry to be dense Dave but I'm misunderstanding somewhere - can we start from the beginning?

At the moment I add the soundtrack, then go to Slide menu - Fit all slides to soundtrack-

Then I adjust the first slide time (which throws off the end times of the audio and slides).

Forgive me but Please could you take me through your suggestion slowly item by item from the start.

By the way, where is the "arranged selected slides" button/menu - I can't seem to see it anywhere. Thanks, Phil

OK,

I'm working in 7.5.1 (latest release).

After adjusting your first slide timing go to your last slide (in the timeline) and adjust it so that its end coincides with the end of the music.

Click on the last slide (in the timeline) then SHIFT + Click on the Second slide - this highlights all slides except the first slide. You can now select "Arrange Selected Slides".

In version 7.5.1 it is in the dropdown menu to the left of the PLAY button.

In V7.0.7 it is in TIMED POINTS.

DG

OK,

I'm working in 7.5.1 (latest release).

After adjusting your first slide timing go to your last slide (in the timeline) and adjust it so that its end coincides with the end of the music.

Click on the last slide (in the timeline) then SHIFT + Click on the Second slide - this highlights all slides except the first slide. You can now select "Arrange Selected Slides".

In version 7.5.1 it is in the dropdown menu to the left of the PLAY button.

In V7.0.7 it is in TIMED POINTS.

DG

Thanks for your patience. My version is "deluxe 7.5" (latest update), not sure if it's the same.

After adding the audio track, in this particular project, there are approximately 8 slides left without music at the end. I have manually adjusted the first slide time but how do I then adjust the final slide to end with the music as you suggest?

Click on it and drag - in the timeline.

DG

Well I got there in the end. There were 8 slides past the end of the soundtrack so I had to drag most of them to the left then apply the "arrange slides" from the menu. What a faff. To think all this could be done with an "arrange selected slides to soundtrack" command OR a method of locking the timing of an individual slide before applying a "fit all slides to soundtrack" command. Many thanks again.Phil