WnSoft Forums

Problem starting PTE 7.5.2 - [SOLVED]

peck7235

Hi all, I'm a new member and new to PTE but am having a fundamental problem with it, I can't get it to start!

I can download it from the site fine but when I go to run the programme all that happens is that the cursor circle spins for a few seconds and then nothing. I've tried this while watching the processes tab in the task manager and PTE shows there briefly and then disappears again. I've tried getting help direct from Wnsoft and from others at my camera club that use PTE, so I've tried uninstalling, redownloading and installing it again, tried it with my antivirus switched off (I'm using AVG free 2013), but all to no avail. I'm trying to run it on a Intel i7 quad core laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium with 6GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive.

Hopefully it's just me being a newbie to this and it's a simple fix. Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Paul

I have experienced something similar. Go to the file you downloaded picturestoexe-setup, then right click and run it as administrator. I found it installed in seconds after that.

Igor.

If you read this it has reminded me of something meant to tell you, through the beta process. Sometimes I found the same as Paul has that a double click of the picturestoexe-setup just did nothing.

Paul, I am not Igor, I left a note for him below yours, but I can see my mistake. Igor is the brains behind the software, I am just a user like yourself

You seem to have done all the right things, but AVG has been known to give us problems elswhere, so did you download the file with AVG turned off or just try installing it with the virus off?

Can you try installing the file on another PC? That may point you towards where the problem lies.

Hello Paul,

I apologize for this problem!

1. Do I understand rightly that you successfully installed the program (picturestoexe-setup.exe installation file), but you can not run PicturesToExe by double clicking on its icon ("PicturesToExe Deluxe") on the desktop?

3. Try to restart Windows.

3. Please re-download PicturesToExe again from our website and install.

4. If it doesn't help, update drivers for your video card from Windows Update center to download & install manually new drivers from NVIDIA/AMD/Intel website (depending on vendor of the video card). And try again to run PicturesToExe.