WnSoft Forums

maximum presentation size?

I would be using pictures to exe to create computer-based training "videos", although 'video' is not really the right word since the content is static images with an audio object associated with each slide. And I will be publishing to PC exe file... not to a video format.

I just tested the trial version on three minutes worth of slides, and the program seems to do what I need it to.

But before I invest the time to build my entire presentation, I wanted to make sure that I will not encounter limitations with the file becoming too large--based on the number of slides, the duration of the audio, or the size of the published exe file.

I expect it would have around 40 slides, and playback would be around 30-40 minutes long based on the audio.

Also, is file size is linear? can I extrapolate the file size for a 40 minute presentation based on my three minute sample? if so, then the 40 minute EXE file will be around 89 meg.

Thanks

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi SDS

Welcome to the forum.

Before going into your queries in depth, there is a size limit to using PTE's software, however it's way above the sizes you are talking about. I have constructed shows up to 1.5 hours long & over 500 MB.

The size of your show is determined by the size of your images & the type of sound track. If you are using a wide screen presentation (16x9) aspect ratio, you should aim to get your images to a maximum of 1920x1080 pixels. As to your sound track, MP3 format gives the smallest file size. You can download a free version of the user manual for the latest version (7.5) here

http://www.wnsoft.com/files/picturestoexe/user-guides/7.5/PicturesToExe_User_Guide_v75_EN.pdf

Yachtsman1.

SDS

I have been doing what you have described for some considerable time and file size has never been a problem (from an Internet posting point of view) as long as you stay with the exe file as you have suggested you will. Take a look at the slide show at the top of the page below, called "The Concept of Layers" as it sounds like it is the very thing you have described and you will be able to see the file size in relation to the format.

I am away from home at present so when I say I think I created the slide show at 1920*1080 (16:9 format) I may be mistaken and it could be 1920*1200 (16:10 format)

http://www.beckhamdigital.com.au/store/pc/Page-5-Demos-1-c79.htm

bbdigital and yachtsman1,

Thank you both. This looks like a great piece of software. I found in the user manual where it says: "How many slides can I include in my slideshow? Up to 20000 slides (unregistered version is limited to 10 slides). What is the largest size that the generated executable file can be? The resulting executable file can be up to 2 GB."

I've been experimenting more with the file sizes, but will post my new questions/issues in a separate thread.

bbdigital - how did you do that wonderful animation in the sample presentation you directed me to... e.g., flipping the cards... moving the moon in the picture? I assume that you did that animation in a separate program and saved it to a movie file, and then just loaded that the file into 'pictures to EXE'. Or did you actually create that animation in 'pictures to EXE'? I didn't think 'pictures to EXE' animations features were that sophisticated.

Scott

The animation contains no video and the majority is done in PTE, but you will need an image editing program to do some of the work. I have loads of video tutorials that cover the techniques.

http://www.beckhamdigital.com.au/store/pc/PTE-Tutorials-c36.htm

Hi Scott,

The animation features of PTE are extremely sophisticated - it's indeed possible to create amazing animations with PTE. There are myriad examples of this around - I have a few which you might enjoy seeing and there are some mind-blowing ones created by several of our French users of PTE such as Jean Cyprien and the late Jean-Pierre Dollangere (JPD). Here are links to a couple you might enjoy. These were done entirely with PTE.

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/exceptional/jpd.zip

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/exceptional/jcyprien2.zip

Best regards,

Lin

bbdigital and yachtsman1,

snip

bbdigital - how did you do that wonderful animation in the sample presentation you directed me to... e.g., flipping the cards... moving the moon in the picture? I assume that you did that animation in a separate program and saved it to a movie file, and then just loaded that the file into 'pictures to EXE'. Or did you actually create that animation in 'pictures to EXE'? I didn't think 'pictures to EXE' animations features were that sophisticated.

Scott