WnSoft Forums

How to include text in videos

dbolt

I made a HD video of a recent slideshow, but the text that I had added to most slides did not appear in the video. I looked in the help file, but didn't find any help on how to make the text appear.

Any suggestions or links pointing to a solution?

Hi Douglas,

It "sounds" like perhaps your text was not on the layer "above" the video. As David suggests, add the text in the Objects and Animations screen then control it's appearance and timing via keyframed opacity.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Alternatively, did you add the text to individual video frames, your original query sounds like that. If that is what you did, each frame is around 1/30th of a second & you wouldn't see it. As has been said, you need to add text via the O&A screen using key points with opacity for it to appear & disappear. :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

I created a .avi file and the text that I had added to the slides showed up there. I have not readdresses the issue with HD video.

Alternatively, did you add the text to individual video frames, your original query sounds like that. If that is what you did, each frame is around 1/30th of a second & you wouldn't see it. As has been said, you need to add text via the O&A screen using key points with opacity for it to appear & disappear. :unsure:/>

Yachtsman1.

• 11 months later...

Hi Melia,

Text is an object. In the Objects and Animations screen on the Animations Tab, select the text object, create a keyframe on the timeline where you want to begin fading the text. Create another keyframe for the text object on the timeline where (when) you want the text to fade and set the opacity to zero. The text will begin to fade out at the keframe time of the second of the three keyframes and finish the fade at the time of the third keyframe. The initial (first) keyframe is automatically inserted at the beginning of the timeline when you add the text object. That's all there is to it...

Best regards,

Lin