WnSoft Forums

Newbie Question

Lynneo

I am reviewing a few different slideshow programs, and this one seems to be one I am most comfortable with. However I have a few problems that all my research cannot answer.

1. I have a brand new Windows8 Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I CANNOT get the Project to BURN on the DVD it gives me an error message every time that it cannot burn! Is this only because I have not purchased it yet? I will if it works!

2. I tried to do an .avi and a mp4 so I could view it on my Mac 10.4.11 (yes its an old fat Tiger) and I got BLACK SCREEN, no video, nuttin.

I would love some answers. I am sorry I did not know where to post this, I hope I am not doing a Newbie error here.

Thanks! Please answer?

Lynneo

Hi Lynneo,

I can't answer the question about not being able to burn a DVD - Windows 8 can be problematic. Some have had excellent results while others have had problems. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help here?

As for not being able to see an AVI or MP4 on your Mac - please try to output instead a native MacIntosh executable file. Do it by choosing the "create in zip" option. See if that works for you. Also try running other MP4's on your Mac and see what happens. For an AVI not to play "could" be that you are missing a codec necessary. MP4's are usually compatible with most every computer so that is unusual.

Hopefully, we will be able to find a solution for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Lynneo,

1. I have a brand new Windows8 Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I CANNOT get the Project to BURN on the DVD it gives me an error message every time that it cannot burn! Is this only because I have not purchased it yet? I will if it works!

PTE will burn DVDs in a non-registered mode. Its hard to say exactly what your issue is since you haave a brand new PC. Its even possible the DVD burner is so new the PTE burning library database doesnot identify the hardware properly to perform correctly. PTE's burning libray usually gets updated when PTE releases its program updates/fixes.

I dont know what settings you are using in the final Video Builder DVD setting screen ... but as a test (see attached image) just enable Burn DVD Disc checkbox. The other settings are not necessary to make a DVD disc only. On the Device : setting, select a slower or slowest disc burning speed to make your test. Also just test with a small slideshow project.

* What and when exactly is the message "gives me an error message every time that it cannot burn" ?

2. I tried to do an .avi and a mp4 so I could view it on my Mac 10.4.11 (yes its an old fat Tiger) and I got BLACK SCREEN, no video, nuttin

Have you tested with different (lower) video output resolution settings to see if playable ?

post-45-0-37284100-1367152023_thumb.jpg