WnSoft Forums

File Not Accepted by PTE Convertor

orizaba

Why this file is not accepted by PTE Video Converter?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ql2j4ujuhkhs695

It's a MOV, 19,35MB, bitrate 17,4Mbps, 8bit, progressive, 30fps, directly from an iPad iOS 7.

I suspect the reason is the file beeing 180º rotated, because I shot it with iPad upside down.

Anyhow, when I watch it on Premiere, or any video player, it shows right (rotation corrected), I wonder how and why...

Thanks for your opinions.

Jose

Why this file is not accepted by PTE Video Converter?

http://www.mediafire...ql2j4ujuhkhs695

It's a MOV, 19,35MB, bitrate 17,4Mbps, 8bit, progressive, 30fps, directly from an iPad iOS 7.

I suspect the reason is the file beeing 180º rotated, because I shot it with iPad upside down.

Anyhow, when I watch it on Premiere, or any video player, it shows right (rotation corrected), I wonder how and why...

Thanks for your opinions.

Jose

========================\

Jose,

I gave it a try in my 7.5.10 and it converted just fine and played (upside down). So I don't know why you are having a problem.

Gary

Thanks Gary and Lin.

I think I have a problem!

In my first post I forgot to say that I was using (as usual) my "old" PTE v7.0.7.

I didn't say neither that my first attempt with PTE Converter was to load Converter with a group of 9 clips, all of them 180º rotated (from iPad).

Reaction of Converter was a series of sounds and Error messages about an "Error Exception... something..."

After this I tried to load a single clip each time, but Converter didn't accept none of them, I mean, I added a file and nothing happened, the file didn't show in Converter.

I loaded a 100% different (normal) file and Converter accepted and converted.

After this I post to Forum.

Today, Gary and Lin said no problems with your v7.5.10.

I just uninstalled my 7.0.7 and installed 7.5.10.

Result: exactly the same problem, Converter didn't accept this kind of rotated files, but accepted and converted other kind of normal files.

So, what could be my problem? Something to do with those "Error Exceptions..." which affected someother things?

Question: PTE Video Converter from 7.0.7 and 7.5.10 are the same and only version, or different versions and specifications?

Thanks,

Jose

Hi Jose,

Try the beta of 8.0 - no need to uninstall anything... It will not replace 7.5 but install with its own icon.

If that doesn't work, let me know the Operating system, video card type and amount of RAM for the system and for the video card. We'll try to sort it out. It shouldn't make any difference at all that the video was inverted.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jose,

Try the beta of 8.0 - no need to uninstall anything... It will not replace 7.5 but install with its own icon.

If that doesn't work, let me know the Operating system, video card type and amount of RAM for the system and for the video card. We'll try to sort it out. It shouldn't make any difference at all that the video was inverted.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

Installed 8.0 Beta 1, problem persists with some of my 9 files!

Anyhow, using again 7.5.10 and its Video Converter, problem was overpassed when I renamed the original files, or when I used copies of same files.

Trying to use again 7.0.7 and its Video Converter, problem always persist, or comes the attached Error message.

I think that after first ERROR MESSAGE (my second post) when I tryed to load 9 files at same time (7.0.7), files or something else became corrupted or some instructions became memorized (in spite of all of them playing well).

So, 7.0.7 Video Converter doesn't work at all with these 9 files, beeing them renamed or copied, although I have uninstalled and installed from new PTE 7.0.7 several times.

In this case, my question on differences between 7.0.7 and 7.5.10 Video Converters I think is important.

At last, in case I only can work with 8.0 or 7.5.10 Video Converter, I will have no problem with that.

My Notebook is CLEVO P170SM with 2 graphic cards: a "native" INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4600 (1,37 GB RAM) and a AMD RADEON HD8970M (2GB RAM).

I have 32GB RAM and run WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit.

Best regards,

Jose

post-6554-0-64558800-1380036422_thumb.jp

iOS 7 is the new update for the iPAD?

Maybe something has changed?

DG

Yes, it is. Published just some days ago.

Anyhow, I think that this is not affecting my problem with PTE Video Converter 7.0.7.

Hi Jose,

I can find no apparent reason that the hardware wouldn't be compatible, so I'm guessing that there may be some issue with file corruption of some type, but it's certainly not clear what it might be.

The video card and CPU are very powerful and you have quite sufficient RAM on both the system and GPU so that should not be an issue. There have been no reported incompatibilities with Windows 7 so maybe we should let Igor look into this if the problem persists with 7.5.10 and 8.0 beta.

I believe there were significant changes between 7.07 and 7.5.10 in video handling.

So right now, do the files work correctly with 7.5.10 and 8.0 beta?

If so, I would suggest keeping the later versions of PTE because there are improvements in video handling.

Best regards.

Lin

Hi Jose,

I can find no apparent reason that the hardware wouldn't be compatible, so I'm guessing that there may be some issue with file corruption of some type, but it's certainly not clear what it might be.

The video card and CPU are very powerful and you have quite sufficient RAM on both the system and GPU so that should not be an issue. There have been no reported incompatibilities with Windows 7 so maybe we should let Igor look into this if the problem persists with 7.5.10 and 8.0 beta.

I believe there were significant changes between 7.07 and 7.5.10 in video handling.

So right now, do the files work correctly with 7.5.10 and 8.0 beta?

If so, I would suggest keeping the later versions of PTE because there are improvements in video handling.

Best regards.

Lin

Thanks, DG and Lin.

I downloaded again the former 9 MOV fies directly from my iPad, plus 7 more I shot today.

I installed PTE 8.0 Beta 1 and converted all of them with respective 8.0 Video Converter and everything run smooth!

So, I think problem were corrupted files.

Anyhow, why should they play ok in every video players and were not accepted by PTE Video Converters?

By the way, I think this time I will stay in PTE 8.0 continuing my actual project, even if it is still a Beta version...

Some time ago I remember I asked Igor about "converter parameters" used by PTE Video Converter, I mean, which video bitrate correspond to each quality percentage, etc., etc.. I don't think he replied. Do you know something about this?

In fact, I never use the automatic optimization, I always convert by myself using 100% quality. This way I know that parameters are the best, beeing them whatever are.

Another point: what do you think about including in next PTE version a Video Stabilization System? Would it be something impossible?

Best regards and thanks again,

Jose

Hi Jose,

It's great that you were able this time to convert without error. It's difficult to know - perhaps the other video players have less stringent requirements that PTE's converter since they were only playing rather than converting?

I don't know the answer to your other question, but I've tried 100% and the default with the converter and really haven't been able to tell much difference. I "think" the differences are really the amount of compression. Compression usually lowers quality some, but there are limits to our ability to visually detect this sometimes even though it may be measurable. Perhaps it's like some audio which certain frequencies are lost, but those frequencies which are lost are beyond the hearing range of most who listen?

It would be nice to have video stabilization in PTE but I'm not certain where we should stop with filters since it's a player rather than an editor. There are a few free stabilizers such as the one available for VirtualDub. I'm not certain what would be required to make the PTE player compatible with this, or if it's even possible. Perhaps you could put that idea into the "suggestions" thread...

Best regards,

Lin