WnSoft Forums

Adjusting Keyframes in timeline view.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Another serious question, I've added various keyframes /timed points, not sure which in O&A to one slide "waiting for parts", it was my understanding these can be adjusted in the timline view/ Again I can't find how to show them to make the adjustment on the waveform?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-27287100-1382000964_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Just to be certain we are on the same page: Keyframes refer to video (the visual, not specifically "movies") and Keypoints refer to audio.

You can set, move and adjust Keypoints on the timeline. These keypoints are designed to manipulate sound in accordance with the visual as seen on the mini-viewer. To insert Keypoints, click on the small Keypoint Icon in the Timeline View and a horizontal orange (default color) line will appear. Hover the mouse pointer over this line and you will see a "dot" which will move horizontally as you move the mouse horizontally. Left click the mouse to insert a Keypoint which will be a blue dot. This is your first Keypoint. You may drag this Keypoint anywhere along the orange line in time. A right mouse click will delete the Keypoint. The default position represents the normal volume as recorded. If you drag the Keypoint upward the volume will increase to a maximum of 200% (assuming you are using percent rather than decibel). Dragging the Keypoint downward will allow decreasing volume to zero. Multiple Keypoints may be inserted and dragged to create the audio envelope.

You can't see or adjust Keyframes from the Timeline View. Keyframes are only visible from Objects and Animations View.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Just to be certain we are on the same page: Keyframes refer to video (the visual, not specifically "movies") and Keypoints refer to audio.

You can set, move and adjust Keypoints on the timeline. These keypoints are designed to manipulate sound in accordance with the visual as seen on the mini-viewer. To insert Keypoints, click on the small Keypoint Icon in the Timeline View and a horizontal orange (default color) line will appear. Hover the mouse pointer over this line and you will see a "dot" which will move horizontally as you move the mouse horizontally. Left click the mouse to insert a Keypoint which will be a blue dot. This is your first Keypoint. You may drag this Keypoint anywhere along the orange line in time. A right mouse click will delete the Keypoint. The default position represents the normal volume as recorded. If you drag the Keypoint upward the volume will increase to a maximum of 200% (assuming you are using percent rather than decibel). Dragging the Keypoint downward will allow decreasing volume to zero. Multiple Keypoints may be inserted and dragged to create the audio envelope.

Hi Lin

I don't see an icon with the word "Keypoint", when hovering the mouse or a lable. See screen shot of what I see. Timed points yes, plus & minus but no Keypoint.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

You can't see or adjust Keyframes from the Timeline View. Keyframes are only visible from Objects and Animations View.

Best regards,

Lin

post-5560-0-67707200-1382028330_thumb.jp

Hi Eric, (answer repeated here from other thread)

The way to do that is to go to the timeline. Use the mini-viewer to watch your show. When you see the text, stop the play and drag the audio indicator on the timline to find the precise time as indicated where you want a particular beat of your audio to occur. Drag the entire audio waveform to align the desired beat peak with the text effect as seen on the mini-viewer. It's possible to be incredibly precise with this. In order to do this with precision, you must have an audio which begins other than at the very start of your first image so you have leeway to drag it both ways.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric, (answer repeated here from other thread)

The way to do that is to go to the timeline. Use the mini-viewer to watch your show. When you see the text, stop the play and drag the audio indicator on the timline to find the precise time as indicated where you want a particular beat of your audio to occur. Drag the entire audio waveform to align the desired beat peak with the text effect as seen on the mini-viewer. It's possible to be incredibly precise with this. In order to do this with precision, you must have an audio which begins other than at the very start of your first image so you have leeway to drag it both ways.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

This is getting incredibly complicated. In your answer above you said "To insert Keypoints, click on the small Keypoint Icon in the Timeline View" which is what I couldn't find. I think I have found something but it doesn't have a lable or anything appears when I hover the mouse. See screen shot.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-80382400-1382029693_thumb.jp

eric.jpg

Hi Lin

This is getting incredibly complicated. In your answer above you said "To insert Keypoints, click on the small Keypoint Icon in the Timeline View" which is what I couldn't find. I think I have found something but it doesn't have a lable or anything appears when I hover the mouse. See screen shot.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I give up Eric - I just don't know how to explain it any more clearly. Click on the icon, then everything works as I've already explained...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

The icon you have pointed out doesn't refer to Keypoints, mine says Show/hide envelope?

Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Peter

Maybe I thought I could see key frames & points on the same view & adjust them accordingly. I will retire & reflect, I'm waiting for parts so until they arrive the show is stalled. Thanks to those who tried to explain it to me.

REgards Eric

Yachtsman1.