WnSoft Forums

Saving Project (newbie)

ChesapkLady

:blink: I have just completed my first Pictures to exe project and I am absolutely delighted! It was great fun, and I've got terrific results -- except I very foolishly collected photos from all over my computer. I KNOW I should have first put them all in one folder, but I was choosing from hundreds, and it just . . . evolved.

When I click on "Create" I know that it makes an executable file, but does it really contain all of the picture files and the music files?

I am SO looking forward to more fun with this great application!!

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, all the source files will be incorporated into the finished .exe file. Not the .pte "project" file, though. And it is not possible to pull them out again from the .exe file for future use, except by copying the screen and re-recording the music from the show while it is playing.

So, you would be wise to go through the slide list, make a note of each image used, and copy them over to a separate folder in case you want to make changes to your show sometime in the future.

So, you would be wise to go through the slide list, make a note of each image used, and copy them over to a separate folder

Al :o

What happened to "making templates" ?????? :huh:

Just make a template and all images, icons and sounds used in the show, including the project, will be copied to a new folder having the name of your show.

Surely Boxig this would just copy the list over. The images would still be scattered around Chesapklady's hard drive. If I am not mistaken, Al is suggesting copying the images over into a separate folder, which is what I would have advised.

Ron [uK]

Why one could not choice the directory for "Create template for this show" ?

I think it's possible for the next versions ;), but it's perhaps also a little difficult.

I think this problem is very important for many users and some ask to me.

When we delete PTE, we delete also by default the templates directory.

We are be able to choice the hard disk (C or D...or the directory) for save the work !

The images would still be scattered around Chesapklady's hard drive.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I'm really confused :(

Can someone tell me what we are talking about here ?

File/Template/Create template from this show

This (at least on my computer) creates a new folder and copy all files into it.

It can't be more easy and simple.

:(

It's true :D :

If you install PTE in c:\Program Files\ PTE and if your project is Boxig.pte, so you will create an album for save the project with all the elements.

This album appears in a sub directory c:\Program Files\ PTE \Templates\boxig.pt.

But, I repeat

Why one could not choice the directory for "Create template for this show

This is writed in the addons to do as said by the "Captain" !