WnSoft Forums

Can I add a PTE slideshow to my website?

Bill Artman

Hello everyone;

I am a professional photographer and would like to add a PTE slideshow as a link on my website so visitors could view sample images, etc. Is this possible to do and how? Thanks - have a great week!

Bill,

You can put PTE shows on your web page, but you can't run PTE shows over the web without downloading them first. This presumes that the prospective viewers have a broadband internet service, or are willing to put up with long delays in order to download multi-meg files.

To put a file on your web page, just upload the PTE show (compiled ".exe" file) to your site and put a link to it on your page.

Alrobin, thanks for your reply. I should have specified that I want to run the PTE slideshow from my website - thanks for the clarification.

Boxig, thanks for your reply too! I clicked on your "this" link and your slideshow started. Yes this is exactly what I want to do. Can you tell me how to put my PTE slideshow on my website such as you did then make it run when I click on the link? Could you also click on a JPEG image to make the slideshow start?

Thanks for your help. Have a great week!

Bill,

Well... I made this sample just to be sure what you need. This is a Flash movie and you can make a small sample of your show, about 10 big images or 20-30 if they are smaller (in kb). You can add any action you like, stop, play, download your show, send you email etc. I used "Swish" program. You can get the light version for only $20. If you don't want to bother too much, just send me your images and I'll make it for you.

Granot

Hi Granot

Enjoyed your slides and also many thanks for all your hard work with all your programs to help us. :D:):D

I would like to download / order the Swish software but forgotten the link. (will do a Google search for it)

I have managed to place a piece of music running on my www.digital-av.co.uk web site and I was wondering could I leave the music / sound running in a loop while the slides dissolved below on the web site?

It obviously couldn't be tied to a time line but just playing background music (copyright free & a tiny .mid file ).

I have tried using Anfy applelets to dissolve images on the web but was told Flash is very difficult to learn :unsure:

Many thanks

Maureen

Maureen

Swish v. 1.52 : Download Page only $ 20 and very very easy to use, not like Swish 2 which is a bit complicated.

As for background loop on web page use this:

<bgsound src="sounds/music.mid" loop="infinite">

when "sounds" is the folder and "music.mid" is the sound file.

I saw your page with music and it played fine.

Granot

• 2 weeks later...

Roy,

I don't know too much about Flash but if you can make a tranparent flash then you can use "Run external file" in PTE.

Another way is to use one of my flash utilities. In this case you can not show a tranparent flash but if, for example, you want to type white text on black slide, than make the flash background black.

Also on my site you will find a utility called "TypeWriter' - try it and maybe you like it.

It is a box where you can display a very long text in typewrite effect. All my utilities have a "Readme" file for instructions how to use with PTE.

Granot

Granot;

I have purchased Swishlite 1.52 after your recommendation that I can use it to put a slideshow on my photography website. I am trying to learn the program by using only 4 JPEG images each with the Fade In action. When I play the movie only the first image fades In repeatedly. It doesn't step through all 4 images. By playing around in the Modify menu choosing Send to back, forward, etc. I sometimes can get the movie to move between the first and second image then repeats but not all four. I have tried everything I can think with no luck. Do you know why the movie won't move through all four images? Thanks very much for your help. Have a great day!

Hi Bill,

Don't worry :D Swish is great program and 1.52 is very easy once you check some demos and learn the trick. There are many demos on their site. Anyway, send me your swi file, write what you want to do, and I'll send it back after I fix it with explanation. Put anything you want to send in a folder, Zip the folder and send.

Granot