WnSoft Forums

How do a stop a Roxio DVD that repeats when done

Bill Artman

Hello everyone;

I am using the current version and beta of PTE with Roxio CD/DVD Creator 6. I want to make a simple "slideshow DVD" that plays when the DVD is put into the set top DVD player and stops when the last slide is done.

I have imported the PTE avi file into the Roxio Intro clip area and burned the DVD. The DVD slideshow plays but after the last slide it the slideshow starts over again from slide one - I don't want it to repeat just stop after the last slide. I have the PTE option set to "stop on the last slide".

Then I tried to delete the Roxio default intro and import the PTE avi file into Movie "A" in the "workshop" and burned the DVD. Then I got a tiny menu button showing the first slide of the slideshow in the middle of the TV screen. After playing around with the DVD player remote I got the slideshow to start. I don't want any menu buttons, I just want the PTE slideshow to start and run one time!

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong? I think the Roxio user manual is very confusing.

Thanks - have a great day!

Bill

I have not been able to make a non menu show with roxio 6 either

so have i reverted to Nero 5.5 when i want a non menu show

we are kind of between a rock and a hard place. :(

But the one icon in the centre of the screen can be made to go -- depending on your player by pressing 1 of your dvd remote

you should experiment with the intro screens - -some of the them are quite nice -- and you can id the show "wedding of ____" etc

for an overall view of what is available

see

C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\PMStudio\Themes

tho there is not a wedding theme there is a romance theme complete with music and a mpg

ken

• 2 weeks later...

;) ok, when I make a vcd pte presentation I first drag the intro think down to the trash bin and drag my presentation where the intro is. then burn the cd. when I play the presentation in dvd player my presentation starts up right away. I am using a sony dvd and I might add an old one.

My expeience with the menu I could never get the menu to work.

Harry

Harry,

I agree with you on the menu and the VCD.

But if you put your sideshow in the place for the Movie.

You will get a menu. But when I have just one thing on the menu

to select from, It has seemed worked for me so far.

If your player will play a cd/rw maybe you could do some

testing with a ReWritable disc.

If you are still having trouble.

post again. I will try to help if I can.

cc