WnSoft Forums

Synchronize to SOUND duration?

panury

Hi,

That would be a grand feature (together with a simple sound recorder for spoken comments):

"Synchronize slide display time to sound length".

Is implementation of such scheduled for the near future?

Having to use an external sound recording application is a drag as (speech)sound files must be saved, given a name, closed, and, finally, assigned to the chosen slide in PTE .

All in all, PTE comes closest to what I demand of an EXE-file producing programme; the control features during the actual run of the file are great (Objects!).

Panury

Hi Panury,

Please see this threadl. I had asked a similar question when wanting to sync the slides to small sound bytes.

It appears the request has been made of Igor, but no definite response has been given. In addition, use of the timeline appears to be the most accurate as the sync and display of the slideshow is impacted by the processors power/speed.

Regards,

Leighton

Can sound be synced to small mp3s?

Meanwhile, I found what I thought wasn't featured at all.

Of course, slide duration WILL accord to sound (not: "bachground music") play time of any e.g. mp3 assigned to a slide. That was not the problem from the beginning.

I thought that at actual playback of the ready EXE one would not have any *control over* the playback. But this I found out to luckily be not so:

The "Pause" key (The one in the 3-key block up right on the keyboard) hit sets the show into a manually controllable slide-by-slide mode, with arrow keys for 'next' and 'previous', SPACE bar for 'next', UP and DOWN for 'next' and 'previous' ...

while another "Pause" stroke will change mode again to self-playing.

Hitting "Pause" while sound is played back does NOT result in immediate sound interruption, but sound rather continues till end, then image lingers, silent.

So this was what I was chiefly concerned about. Nonetheless I would appreciate a timeline feature for slide sounds, e.g. to make it possible to show more than one slide while one comment uninterruptedly goes on.

And a (simple!) integrated (MIC) sound recorder for spoken comments.

Panury

Panury,

Thanks for the info on the "pause" key. However, in a synchronized show, I find that it also immediately pauses the background music. Maybe you were referring to sound added via the "sound" line.

I also find that if you press a back or forward arrow, the images and music start playing again without waiting to be started again by pressing the pause key again.

I have asked Igor for a change to the music feature using the "Sound" line so that music or narration will continue on to the next slide, but so far he has not elected to provide for this capability. This would be very handy when doing tutorial-type shows. Igor, are you listening? :unsure:

Alrobin,

Maybe you were referring to sound added via the "sound" line.

Exactly.

I also find that if you press a back or forward arrow, the images and music start playing again without waiting to be started again by pressing the pause key again.

In synchronized shows, yes.

A show WITHOUT "background music", but WITH "sound" files assigned to single slides is, as I understand it, not to be addressed "synchronized".

Only way to quasi-synchronize is to find out the length of any respective "sound" file and then to set slide display time according. That's the way I did it.

And exactly here an integrated recording routine that does the "synchronization to sound" as a default would come in handy.

Other, though not better, way would be to put all "sound" files as a playlist for "background music" and arrange synchronization by means of the timeline. But then the hassle would begin when wished to have a slide without any sound, as - I reckon - the insertion of silence is not featured with the playlist option.

Panury