WnSoft Forums

P2E will not open screen, but shows in Taskmgr

dbolt

I'm suspicious that the issue was caused by selecting 7.5, rather than 7.0 for importing settings. I'm almost certain that I selected 7.5 when I upgraded to 7.5.6 some time ago, but.... Anyway, I removed the 7.5 and 7.5.6 and then installed 7.5.10 and selected to import from 7.0. It installed and loaded fine. Tomorrow, I'll see if 8.beta will load, but for now, I think I'm up and running with 7.5.10.

Thanks, Igor, for all your help.

Success!

asked to import from 8.0 beta 17 : because 8 had never loaded normally, I selected 7.0. On prior testing, I've selected 7.5 because that has worked fine in the past.

Trial ok

final ok

Load project 1-5, 5a & 6 ok

Final tpesettings 6 OK and pte loaded normally.

Note that I elected to have PTE load settings from 7.0 instead of 7.5. May, or may not be a factor, but I wanted to point it out.

Douglas,

Thanks for testing!

I think both versions - 7.5 and 8.0 Beta have failed to load the certain project on the startup of PicturesToExe.

When you do a new installation and skip import of the settings from previous versions, PicturesToExe doesn't load any project and shows a blank project.

If you imported the settings from version 7.0, please run this version and look what project is loaded by default on the startup. Then try to open this project manually in version 7.5 or 8.0. If PicturesToExe will freeze, we'll determine where the problem occur.

Please send me source files of that problem, if it causes freezes of versions 7.5 / 8.0.

Thanks,

Igor,

I may not be clear on what you mean by "load the certain project on startup". To be clear, until I ran your last beta 8 with the success described above, no project loaded. I'd click on the p2e executable and the PC did not display anything (other than the 13% CPU in Taskmgr) on the screen related to P2E.

Again, I'm not certain that my telling p2e beta 8.b17 to load the 7.0 settings solved the problem, but I'm considering the possibility.

To update on current behavior of P2e for ver 7, 7.5.6, 7.5.10, and 8.0, are now all launching normally.

As you requested, I launched v7.5.10 and successfully opened the .pte project that v7 opened by default. V7.5 and v8 also successfully open that project.

Not that I'm complaining. Far from it, but all versions of p2e that I have installed are now working normally.

Is it reasonable to assume that there was some problem with the settings from 7.5.6 that I initially told P2e to use when I upgraded to ver 8 and those settings prevented the new install from launching successfully. Once I selected v7 settings to be loaded (as I did when I tried the last test beta), the problem was solved. Anyway, I can not now reproduce the problem by installing the first test program (one that did not launch successfully) and telling it to use ver 7.5.6 settings.

I hope these observations will be helpful to you. I'll be happy to do some more testing, if you think it would be useful to you, but I think P2E is working fine.

However, Videobuilder may need an upgrade. At least, when I attempt to create a video, I see the message that I should get a new videobuilder program. I see the message with both v 7.5.10 and v8. Reading another thread indicated v8 will need a new VB, but I assumed that v7.5.10 would not. Please advise.

Douglas,

Thanks for testing!

I think both versions - 7.5 and 8.0 Beta have failed to load the certain project on the startup of PicturesToExe.

When you do a new installation and skip import of the settings from previous versions, PicturesToExe doesn't load any project and shows a blank project.

If you imported the settings from version 7.0, please run this version and look what project is loaded by default on the startup. Then try to open this project manually in version 7.5 or 8.0. If PicturesToExe will freeze, we'll determine where the problem occur.

Please send me source files of that problem, if it causes freezes of versions 7.5 / 8.0.

Thanks,