WnSoft Forums

Missing CJ from CJK

tom95521

I only use the English language but I was wondering why 2 of the most high tech countries in the world do not have translations for PTE (Settings, Language)? Is English really such a universal language? Japan and China must really have a lot of camera enthusiasts?

Just curious...

Thanks,

Tom

I only use the English language but I was wondering why 2 of the most high tech countries in the world do not have translations for PTE (Settings, Language)? Is English really such a universal language? Japan and China must really have a lot of camera enthusiasts?

Just curious...

Thanks,

Tom

I have often wished PTE could have Asian localization and manuals. There are a lot of camera enthusiasts in Japan and China. English is far from universal in those places, However it is common enough that most of the under-40 age group can figure out English menus--and often their reading and writing is quite good. Japanese and Chinese Localization are probably much less important (though easy to do--and enhances initial visual appeal) than having a basic manual. Manuals, even quite basic ones in Mandarin or Japanese could broaden the market in those places.

Because of the need for revision, maintaining manuals in such languages could be laborious. The time and energy might be better placed in program development. Just a thought. Other thoughts?

Hi Judy,

Interesting. It sounds like a great opportunity for Igor. You must be bilingual. I am always impressed by anybody who can speak more than one language.

Thanks,

Tom