WnSoft Forums

Typewriter by boxig

LumenLux

Granot, when you originally created your Typewriter program, I wasn't creative enough to see a use for it. But your mention of it today gave me an idea how I might use it in a PTE presentation I have been contemplating since September!

To test my idea, I created the typewriter.exe file and ran it from a PTE "customized" slide as an external application. The typing box pops up and displays the typing of the text while several of my slides are playing. The typing box of course blocks that portion of my slides as they play. I can use it that way, while it is typing. But how do I close the box when it is done so that the rest of the show can be seen? Also, is the type speed dependent on the PC speed? And, how tough to put "speed" configuration as you do with color, font, alignment, etc.?

is the type speed dependent on the PC speed?

As everything is, but I think there will be no big difference.

The typing box of course blocks that portion of my slides as they play.

Why not check the time needed to type and Pause the slide for that time ?

how do I close the box when it is done

There is a small "x" on top right side of window. This utility is mainly for introduction on first slide when user have to click a button to start show, or: after show finish to show credits, same as in a movie.

how tough to put "speed" configuration as you do with color, font, alignment, etc.?

Good idea. I will have to find the time.

Granot

There is a small "x" on top right side of window. This utility is mainly for introduction on first slide when user have to click a button to start show, or: after show finish to show credits, same as in a movie.

how tough to put "speed" configuration as you do with color, font, alignment, etc.?  

Good idea. I will have to find the time

That would be too easy for you, you may as well add an option to close Typewriter after X# seconds after typing is complete. This would expand potential use to slides not at start or finish of shows.

Suggestion for your birthday - go find an orchestra to direct. You can take your first slide show you ever shared here and use it for auditioning resume! :D

you may as well add an option to close Typewriter after X# seconds after typing is complete.

Ok, OK .... I'm working now on new version to suit you. Almost finished. Every thing much simple now including speed. I will see what I can do with your last suggestion.

If more ideas comes, please let me know before I finish. That will be today.

Am I invited to the wedding ???? :rolleyes: