WnSoft Forums

EXE File Size

David Porter

In 7.5 the file size of an .exe file produced from the slide list was noted on the status bar but alas no more. I am working with a lot of video and would like to keep the .exe file size under control as I go along. Is there a way of find this out without creating the .exe file every time?

Guest Yachtsman1

In 7.5 the file size of an .exe file produced from the slide list was noted on the status bar but alas no more. I am working with a lot of video and would like to keep the .exe file size under control as I go along. Is there a way of find this out without creating the .exe file every time?

Hi Mick I seem to remember reading the feature was removed because PTE couldn't accurately predict (if that is the correct word?) the size with the current version.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Mick,

There is no accurate way to predict the exe file size because of the inclusion of video, whether or not multiple mp3 files are concatenated into a single file, etc. You can do only rough estimates but even this will probably not be close enough to be of significant value. Essentially, if you add up the combined file sizes of your video{s) and each jpg compressed image and mp3 file then add about 1.5 meg for the basic exe code itself, you will be about as close as you will be able to get. The feature was removed from PTE because it could no longer be really accurate once these new features became available.

Best regards,

Lin