WnSoft Forums

Positioning a video at a given key frame time

bogari0171

Following the discussion on my previous topic "transitions within a slide" I realized that transitions can also be made with video masks (typical example the case of portraits in JDP project Mon Maitre)

I tried to develop video masks for simple cases like page, shape or slide, and I found it relatively simple (set the desired animation with PTE and then produce an MP4 small video, which will be the desired video mask)

Now I have a new problem because any mask, that I would like to apply to any object in the slide, seems to start from the initial time (eg key frame time=0)

The question is: how can I start a video object on any key frame time value in a given slide? For fixed images the problem does not exists, because I can always play with opacity, so the object will appear and disappear according to my whishes. But with video, if I cannot play it at any time (eg any value of key frame time), it seems that I will not be able to apply transition masks at any time in a given slide ( but only at the beginning of it).

Can anyone help on that?

Thanks

Saluti

Claudio

Dave, having seen two masks by JPD I tried the following scheme.

Suppose you want a circular shape transition from the center:

you start with a new slide with a black background

Put a very small white circle (close to radius zero) in the middle of the slide at key frame time 0 and then let it grow up to full screen at the key frame time corresponding to the duration of the transition you like to achieve (eg 3 seconds).

Then produce an mp4 video of this single slide, which will be just looking as a white circle on black background gradually growing from zero up to full screen

This video will then be used as a video mask (like layer masks in Photoshop) and the image associated with it will appear as a shape transition from the center. According to your last clarification this videomask can be offset to any position in a slide of your project, so you can apply transition to any object in any slide, regardless of the other objects in the same slide.

The process of mask generation may be applied to different shapes in order to obtain other transitions (gate, pages, slides) and then you may combine several of these masks even in a single slide

I hope I was clear enough, but if not please come back again

Saluti

Claudio

Dave , i think that with our last mails my topic is almost completely solved.

I say almost, because I still have a minor problem.

I open the "object and animation" window in order to set my objects and my transitions, and I set the frames, the masks and all what I need to complete my slide. Then I push "play" to check the result and everything runs OK.

But then if I push play again, regardless if I change something or I let everything unchanged, it does not work properly. The images which should be masked are visible and the videomasks do not run correctly (they appear flickering).

If I close the object and animation window and then I opened it again it works OK. (this situation is repetitive and not casual)

In other words, to control the completed slide with my selfmade videomask, I can only run it once in the correct way.

Nevertheless if I run "preview" it works OK.

What I do not understand is why I can run only once the sequence I realized. Could it be my PC or video card or could PTE be responsible for that?

Saluti

Claudio