WnSoft Forums

Don't forget to mute the video audio track!

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I hesitate to mention this here as it isn't a bug, just an aide-memoire that in my opinion should be added to the PTE help section.

Yesterday I created a show from 3 of the video clips from my latest Liverpool show. As the show ended with the last clip and the sound was ended abruptly, I added the last clip audio track via slide options "add audio file" to get the track to show on the timeline view, I then applied a fade out via the envelope, did a quick test, created an AV added it to Youtube & the forum, played it through, "dong" where's the final fade?. Then this morning, I realised I hadn't muted the original clip in the O&A screen, so instead of hearing the edited video audio track, the original sound without the fade was still there. Solution simple, add a short note to the video audio section to the effect, when adding a video audio file, not to forget to mute the original clip, or a more complicated way which I'm not sure could be done, automatically mute the clip audio when adding it separately. :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-97405600-1397807121_thumb.jp

I understand where you're coming from on this, but it may not always be necessary to mute the audio on the original video clip. Consider the situation where only the audio is being used and the video is never played as a visual item.

To my way of looking at it, there comes a point where the user has to accept and take responsibility for their actions (or, as it happened to be in your case, their inaction).

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Consider the situation where only the audio is being used and the video is never played as a visual item.

Peter

Hi Peter, Happy Easter.

The only situation where I could envisage using the audio from a video clip without the images is where I wanted to add it via an outside audio editor such as Audacity, to include it in a multi track compilation, or to enhance it then add it back in, in that instance I wouldn't add the full video clip to PTE as it would pump up the show size, I would just strip off the Audio in Audacity.

All I'm suggesting is a note in the "help" to that effect, the auto mute was just a thought at the end of my dissertation. "A stitch in time saves nine!"

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

From the Online Help File:

Adding the Audio of a Video Clip to an Audio Track

• The Audio of a Video Clip can be added to an Audio Track and the Envelope can then be applied to it. Add the Video Clip and then, in Objects and Animation/Properties Tab, Mute the Audio of the Video Clip..............
DG

Guest Yachtsman1

From the Online Help File:

Adding the Audio of a Video Clip to an Audio Track

• The Audio of a Video Clip can be added to an Audio Track and the Envelope can then be applied to it. Add the Video Clip and then, in Objects and Animation/Properties Tab, Mute the Audio of the Video Clip..............
DG

First of all, adding large bold text is against PTE rule "3. Do not use extreme font size or style in your post. " Secondly, I read the help file before adding this thread, I didn't see what you've written in your post? So are you saying you've added it or it was there all the time?

Yachtsman1